Moto Morini Club Netherlands

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
125H

Moto Morini Club Netherlands

Post by 125H »

received a bit of bad news the Moto Morini Club Netherlands is disbanding the reason I understand is a fall off in membership an aging membership and no new members joining, personally I had some good contacts in the club which I hope to maintain.

So attend club events, pay your subs and find new younger members if possible.
hombre

Re: Moto Morini Club Netherlands

Post by hombre »

Hi all, yes it is a bit sad, but our club has always been very very very small so it was very hard to organize something. I was once the "treasurer" and with a friend we used to make he clubmagazine, but also then (some 30 years ago) it was hard to get people moving. And we are also getting older, look at the "topyoke for stradabars wanted" and "startermotor wanted" ads that is growing ;) . Fortunately I have a lot of good friendships thanks to the club, or even the make, around the whole world. And with or without a club we can still ride our lovely bikes!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes it is sad, but it happens to us all. At least Morini still have an offering, unlike Laverda. Another problem is Social Media. People look at the World through a screen and do not want to pay. Unfortunately, free is not all it is cracked up to be.
hombre

Post by hombre »

Over here the old and new bikes hardly mix, unlike in Italy, there were already a few Chinese ones at their last meeting, and I also saw some on the road over there. I even saw one in NL, but the driver didn't recognise my valentini ;)
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Hombre

Cracking good magazine was "Rebello"

And some great memories of the Dutch Club at the Raduno in Morano-sul-po too

Mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

Thanks Mark, when we made it, still with scissors and glue, it was called Maniaco del Morini, Crazy about Morini, or Morini-maniacs. I used to work at the advertising dept of "Motor" and the editor-in-chief always called me Manic Moriniman :D
norbert

Post by norbert »

A real sad news :roll:

As you may know in Germany we don´t have a club, no chief, no treasuerer no fees. We are organized by "regular tables" all around the country (actually 12 or 13) that meet once a month in restaurants or bars to chat and see the others. Some of them work fine, some are smaller. The Hamburg table for example gathers about 10-15 people every first tuesday of the month. Living in Lübeck it is the next and therefore my table, 70 km one way. And even Sören as our member of honor comes along about twice a year.
We also have our magazine "La Strega" since 1987 and our forum. Í´m convinced that without the magazine we would not have survived the way we did with about still 100 visitors at our meetings. But the decisive key might be the regular tables! We know each other quite well and sometimes you won´t talk about Morinis at all, but about the children, problems of plumbing or whatever.

I spent a lot of time raising a Morini Scene in Spain in a spanish forum since 2007 and it works out very fine till about 2018/2019. Then began the problem with a whatsapp group, facebook and all that stuff ... with the result that the scene is split, nearly disapeared and no one knows what is happening ...

You fellows in the Netherlands allways have been only a few and I allways wondered how you manged that. But surely you´ll survive!!!
hombre

Post by hombre »

We will! I was at your very nice unofficial meeting near Bremen in 2020 and it is always good to see you folks in Morano!
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Greetings Norbert
We know each other quite well and sometimes you won´t talk about Morinis at all, but about the children, problems of plumbing or whatever.
In the UK what you call "tables" in Germany are "sections", we too meet in bars (pubs in the UK) , restaurants and cafes.
Our local section has a few enthusiasts of the Steam railway locomotive but all talk of railways before 9pm is forbidden.

Also La Strega is an awesome publication! If there are no fees how do you fund it?

To pre-empt a certain Mr Mickey Moto of the Northern table we do not "hang around in bars"

Mark
norbert

Post by norbert »

La Strega is only available by an abonnement/subscription (20€ minimum for 4 editions a year). That 20 € won´t be enough, so most of us pay more to keep the magazine alive and permit a lower oficial price for those who have more problemds with the money. I guess the medium contribution is about 25-30 €. At the time there are 450 copies/edition, some of them, but less than in former times, go into stock.

The meetings take place at diferent places each year, organized by one of the Stammtische/tables, so we can explore a bit our country :wink:
norbert

Post by norbert »

I fear that this also will be the end of the Dutch Forum :roll:

Is there a way to guard the archive with all that important information?
hombre

Post by hombre »

norbert wrote: 23 Nov 2022 10:43 I fear that this also will be the end of the Dutch Forum :roll:

Is there a way to guard the archive with all that important information?
Yes that will end, but we (the webmaster that is) are looking into putting everything on a google drive or something like that to keep it accessible to everyone
norbert

Post by norbert »

That would be very important for the rest of the world! :D

Best wishes for all the netherland coleagues!!!
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

It’s really sad news indeed. The MRC want to try to support the Dutch community and I’ve spoken to Tony about that this week. I hope we can do something.

Keeping Morinis on the road (even the wrong side of the road :wink: ) and keeping friendships in our community connected is what it’s all about.
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

:( Sad News Hans, but in recent years there are too many Social Media competitors that capture more easily the Curious but for True enthusiasts the Forum remains forever the Best thing, I too see a Decline in Interest on our Italian forum and fewer and fewer replies from part of the members , but it is a good thing that all the posts of the Forum are saved here for all the Enthusiasts , sad :(