Deutschland Uber Alice

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MickeyMoto

Deutschland Uber Alice

Post by MickeyMoto »

Is anybody interested in going to the Morini Treffen in Germany in 2013? It was early June in 2012.

http://www.ital-web.de/index.php?article_id=62

I'll take the Kanguro....
jb666

Re: Deutschland Uber Alice

Post by jb666 »

I am up for the Treffen - I went to the 3rd Treffen back in 1983 in Eschenhahn along with Rob Kenton. It was a field by someones house - 1 chemibog and water from the tap in the field!! It is a bit more luxurious these days - I suppose the adventures of youth have given way to the ravages of time!!

Should really go on the Strada like I did in 1983 - and yes Rob I will lube the chain this time!!

John.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I'd love to go to that, not sure if I can yet. AND I was at the 1983 do as well....happy daze...
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

Yes please,

But could be clashing with the TT which was/is on my 2013 list, certainly interested and should have my 87 Camel together by then. I know it wants to go on a long trip.

Cheers Steve

One " Moto " is not enough
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

If my rusty German is correct I believe the venue is Erzgebirge and dates are 13-16th of June.
Google Earth suggests it is very much East Germany. I have been around that area it can be very scenic.
Now have to see what leave I can get.
Happy to hear of other translations.

Steve

One " Moto" is not enough.
jb666

Post by jb666 »

I had a look on the ital-web forum (German Morini Club) and couldn't find a reference for a 2013 Treffen. Reading back through the thread it gave a link to italobikes (German IMOC it seems) and it seems they have set a date for a Morinitreffen at a hotel in Heidersdorf. There also seems to be some discussion about it being a 1200 meet and also there seems to be no camping available.

I would wait and see where the German Morini Club are going next year - reading through the italo-web thread it looks as though it could be in the Black Forest Region.

I am more than willing to be corrected by Norbert or any of the other continental board members whose German is undoubtedly better than mine - and I daresay their English is too!!

John.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Interested in this - we've (Diane and I) never been to Germany and the Black Forest region has to be high on any motorcycling list of places to ride. A repeat of the Dijon approach might well be on he cards for 2013.

Who has contacts with our German friends, or can any of them post a confirmation of the location / dates?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

http://www.italobikes.com/de/foren/10-m ... s--buchung

This is from the Italoweb, not the Morini CLub, so I'm confused too! :D
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I think it's nearly on the border with Cz. So quite a round trip. I've only driven to Berlin and back in a car, and this is further south about level with Wellington i reckon.......
Better get new tyres.
jb666

Post by jb666 »

I've just had a nose on the German Morini site and the venue and date is up!!

7th - 9th June 2013 - in 64678 Lindenfels

It says more details to follow in the New Year.

http://www.ital-web.de/index.php?article_id=62

Time to start planning methinks!!

John.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

So there are two rallies in Germany? Morini ownership must be high.

One is 910 miles from my gaff, the other a mere 704, the same distance as Dijon! Game on.... which bike shall I take? Decisions, decisions, better get out to the garage and ensure I have a choice.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Well this location is much nearer,hardly worth topping up the tank for....
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

I am keen to go and have been talking to Steve, trying to get the Camel up to scratch for the trip, plastics, tank and seat sorted, brakes working, just need to able to start it efficiently, getting the swing right would the way forward.
The Corsaro is playing up, front cylinder not firing, but as it's deepest winter weather up here I'm loath to start looking, especially as the Camel,is in bits.
Still I've always got the Blade, and Steve says I'll be alright to take that as others have BM's and Moto G's, esp if I fit MM badges to the bike somewhere.
I used R K Leightons to refurbish the seat, as I read on the forum that others had been impressed with the finish. Looking very good to me.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965