Cadwell 2013 Video

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
robinh44

Cadwell 2013 Video

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Had a great time at Cadwell on friday. Despite both my cameras playing up I managed to scrape enough footage from 2 sessions from both cameras. Below is a link to my first offering. I think this may have been session 5:-

Session 5 ( I think?):-
http://youtu.be/DD6gNtzBkVI

Session 6:-
http://youtu.be/LV8-tMeycXs

Rear Camera Footage (front camera was playing up!):-
http://youtu.be/Maligwb6-l4

More to follow.

Regards

Robin
Last edited by robinh44 on 04 Aug 2013 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
peterc

Re: Cadwell 2013 Video

Post by peterc »

Great stuff, thanks, for Cadwell non combatants like me that's a good insight into what its like. Looked to be a little 'personal' with the Dart & BM at times! Is the K engine standard? it goes well :)
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Yes standard Kanguro 350 engine, thats about all that is standard on the bike. I really enjoyed my first track day, cadwell is a great track very smooth and flowing with plenty of room. Initially I was a bit taken aback how close the bikes were on overtakes then after a few laps you get used to it. The Dart 'lunge' at the hairpin was a suprise but there was plenty of time to correct and stick it down the inside then get overtaken again on the straight, great fun. Just need to get a little more top end for the straight for next year.

Robin
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks Robin, that brought back some very good memories from the last couple of years for me. Isn't Cadwell marvellous? Cheers, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Morinichris

Post by Morinichris »

I fear an apology is in order! I am said Dart rider who 'lunged' past at the hairpin! I am sorry as I pride myself in safe overtakes, and I must confess I was a little annoyed at myself at that one. As I followed you through hall bends I set up for the pass, and then thought, nah I'm too far back, by which time it was too late and I couldn't back out of it, hence the overshoot and squared off approach! I hope you seen my wave of apology as I exited the hairpin. Other than that incident I thoroughly enjoyed battling with you and the BMW, some good passes from all 3 bikes. I hav some footage too, not as good quality as yours but not bad, ill post links on here once I get it condensed and uploaded. Morinichris
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Mark yes cadwell is great, I was amazed how smooth the surface felt ie little or no bumps. more video to follow.

Chris, apologies are not in order, as I said there was plenty of space and I think we were pretty safe, I saw your wave at the time out the corner of my visor as I was accelerating, then it was great to see you back past me on the straight . For me it was one of the elements that made that particular session probably the best of the day for me, this was my first trackday at the age of 49!! and gave me a great insight into what I have been missing all these years . Can't wait for next year. Look forward to your video.

Regards

Robin
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Some more video links below, I have also updated my first post with these additional links:-

Session 6:-
http://youtu.be/LV8-tMeycXs

Rear Camera Footage (front camera was playing up!):-
http://youtu.be/Maligwb6-l4

Regards

Robin
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I was sure I posted it here a week ago but it seems to have disappeared, so time to try again.

Wanted - short articles or letters about Cadwell this year that I can edit into ATG, any size, photos or not, I am hoping to do some call out boxes like a proper magazine so no need for anything to be big.
Needed by the end of the weekend.

cheers

David
ATG editor
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

SupermotoDave wrote:Wanted - short articles or letters about Cadwell this year that I can edit into ATG, any size, photos or not, I am hoping to do some call out boxes like a proper magazine so no need for anything to be big.
Needed by the end of the weekend.
DVD of photos on the way to you today, addressed as in ATG

M
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
Morinichris

Post by Morinichris »

Finally uploaded one of my Cadwell videos, think it was session 3. This is not a flat out session. As me dad and Tom farrow were all sticking together to try to film lots of overtakes. This footage is from the camera fitted to my dads dart.
More footage to follow
Morinichris
Morinichris

Post by Morinichris »

It would help if I said where!!
Can't find the link, so search for morinichris channel on YouTube, and it'd the first vid called Cadwell park Morini riders club darts playing