MRC Annual Track Day

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SteveMRC
Site Admin

MRC Annual Track Day

Post by SteveMRC »

The Annual MRC Track Day will be held at Cadwell Park on Thursday 27th July 2006.

The AGM and camping weekend / Morini festival will be held over the following weekend (28-30th July)

Regs and entry form for the Track Day can be found here
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/thecl ... kdays.html
Last edited by SteveMRC on 24 May 2006 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Those who stay the full weekend will be pleased to know that we have the use of the Golf Arms again this year.
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

Hi Steve,

Can you tell me exactly what the MRC Track Day and the AGM are? Maybe I'll bring up the Corsaro...

Alain
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Alain,

Each year we hire Cadwell Park race track for a day and then invite all our members and their friends to come along to ride their bikes around it.
We have to charge a fee to try to recover the hire costs.
(Don't tell anyone, but we give a large discount for anyone attending from outside the UK - :wink: to try to make up for your ferry and petrol costs)
Cadwell is very well suited to the older Morinis, lots of corners, not many straights and very hilly.
Details of the circuit can be found here http://brandshatchcircuits.co.uk/cadwel ... l-park.asp

We have regular attendes from France (Bruno) and Holland (Hans +friends) So you will be made very welcome.
I think we were one of the first clubs in the UK to offer a track day for members.
It is widely regarded as THE friendliest and most relaxed track day of the year. We try to encourage riders to bring the smaller capacity and more exotic machinery.
We have had Gileras, Manx Nortons, Goldstars, Norton rotaries, Strange 2-stroke MX bikes, MV's and all sorts of machinery you would not normally see on a track day.
We try to discourage the CBRR, GSXR, R1 etc owners to make the day more enjoyable for those who have not been on a race track before.

This year, for the first time we will be able to see brand new Morinis on the track, we are expecting a handful of Corsaros to attend.

Because the Track day brings together the largest gathering of Morinis in one place, we also hold our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Morini festival over the following weekend at a pub/club with free camping near to the circuit.
The AGM gives the members a chance to tell the committe how the club should be run and is not as boring as it might sound.
We also have a bike show with prizes, BBQ, sometimes a band and a run out.
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Alain,

I am the Bruno mentioned by Steve in his post (I have moved back from France to Belgium). I confirm all what Steve is writing, both the circuit as the people are fantastic. I plan to go to the track day this year too, so if you are interested we could go together. I sometimes feel alone with the Dutch to demonstrate that continental riders are the best...

It's a one-day journey, to get to Cadwell from Belgium, including the channel crossing by the Shuttle or high speed boat. Well, probably it would be less if you don't need to wait for a 25-years old 500.
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hi Bruno
Welcome to the forum.
I could not find a picture of the fastest touring rack on the track, but here is one after.
Proof that even if you fall off you can still ride your bike back to Belgium :D

(that's Bruno in the top corner)
Bruno puts many of our UK members to shame, he can ride up from France /Belgium for the weekend, but many members think Cadwell is "too far north" and too far to travel on their Morinis.
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Hello Steve, is there still room for registration for the trackday/weekend? I was just wondering and if so how do i pay the fee? can i use paypal? I was planning on visiting a friend in the uk who lives in Nunneaton Warwickshire around the time the trackday is planned so i could combine does two nicely.

Maybe Sander goes as well, would be nice to ride to the uk with a fellow Corsaro owner :)

Peter
Sander

Post by Sander »

Yes Peter, i'm also going. I will be leaving at wednesday i think. It's very busy at work, so I have to keep the holyday short.

What ferry are you planning to take?
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Still plenty of room to view or ride and to come to the AGM

David
(Chairman)
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Sander wrote:Yes Peter, i'm also going. I will be leaving at wednesday i think. It's very busy at work, so I have to keep the holyday short.

What ferry are you planning to take?
Was looking at the routeplanner and the shortest would seem to be Hoek van Holland-Hull, although it takes some time to get across i think. not that experienced with ferries to the UK Sander. What did you have in mind?
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

SupermotoDave wrote:Still plenty of room to view or ride and to come to the AGM

David
(Chairman)
Thx David, can pay on arrival then?
Sander

Post by Sander »

Was looking at the routeplanner and the shortest would seem to be Hoek van Holland-Hull, although it takes some time to get across i think. not that experienced with ferries to the UK Sander. What did you have in mind?
Because of price, and flexibility i was thinking of Hoek van Holland-Harwich (Stena line). The Discovery is also available. It's only 3.5 hours then 8)

I wan't to book fast, the prices are allready going up since last week.
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Sander wrote:
Because of price, and flexibility i was thinking of Hoek van Holland-Harwich (Stena line). The Discovery is also available. It's only 3.5 hours then 8)

I wan't to book fast, the prices are allready going up since last week.
Okay i had a look at Stenaline site and on the routeplanner looks fine with me Sander. What you wanna do? Each book ourselves or one person books for the two of us? When are you gonna travel? Wednesday during the day? don't matter to me cause i have a 4 week holiday then so i can go on any day you would like. let me know what you wanna do.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Peter V wrote:

David
(Chairman)
Yes of course for our international friends!
It just helps no end to know how many we are expecting.

David
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

SupermotoDave wrote:
Peter V wrote:

David
(Chairman)
Yes of course for our international friends!
It just helps no end to know how many we are expecting.

David
Sander and i are traveling to Cadwell on the 26th with the Discovery. :D
See you all there.

PS:
Is there a hotel or bed & breakfest nearby? I'm a weener :wink: who stays in hotels and doesn't do camping, and i don't have the equipment to camp (like a tent) or the room for it on the Corsaro for that matter.