Classic Bike Live

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
ClassicBikeLive

Classic Bike Live

Post by ClassicBikeLive »

CLASSIC BIKE LIVE LAUNCHES IN PETERBOROUGH THIS AUTUMN

A BRAND NEW EVENT, Classic Bike Live will be taking place at the Peterborough Arena, 29 – 30th October. The two-day event will be a classic motorcycle lover’s paradise with trade stands, retail opportunities, and special guests alongside the very best in restored British, Japanese and European motorcycles.

Visitors to the show will be able to:

• See a collection of the most successful road going motorcycles in history.

• Hear and feel the noise of some of the world's legendary racing machines as they are fired up in the paddock – and meet some of the talented riders who made them famous.

• Browse the numerous trade, club and jumble stands, grab a bargain or seek out those elusive parts to complete a project or buy the makings of a new one.

The show will dedicate an area in which Bike owners from all over the UK are invited to show case their beautifully-restored classics in a bid to win the coveted “Best in Show” award. Classic Bike Live promises to be the last major classic show of the year.

If you would like to exhibit your club, please visit http://www.classicbikelive.co.uk

devon wrinklie

Re: Classic Bike Live

Post by devon wrinklie »

Paperwork already processed.
Mark Bailey and myself are attending this one with a club stand. We will be displaying an early 350 Strada and a 350 K2
We need two more Morinis for display, preferably a single cylinder model and an enduro one.
There is no need to stay on the stand, just drop off your 'bike on Friday afternoon and collect it after 430pm. on Sunday afternoon.
Exhibitors of machines will have two complimentary passes to attend the show if desired.
Volunteers please.
Many thanks,
Les Madge
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Les;

You can have the Tressette if there's nothing closer; I'll have to get it over to Marks, unless you can collect it on the way up?

It'd be a good excuse to get together for a beer or so as well...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The Tresette would be great to see, Chris. I'm sure we can work something out...
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Guys;

Doesn't look like we can easily get the Tressette in the frame, and so we'll need some other kind sole (who might be a little closer) to volunteer a single. Shame, I'm always up for getting in to a show on the cheep!

Good luck,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The Classic Bike Live event at Peterborough is getting closer! I know we've got my drum Strada and Les's K2 confirmed; it's going to be a big event so we want a good display of Morinis of all ages and number of cylinders. Please contact Les or me if you're interested - you don't have to stay on the stand all weekend, although you'll get free passes, and everyone's most welcome to help out.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Might be interested if I'm in the country, but then I may be in the middle of an engine swap on the 2C/375 (for the rebuilt 350 from the 'project'). Plus it's not a totally original example of a 250 ;)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

We'd hate to upset the rivet-counters Pete! Interesting, different, quirky things are always good.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The Peterborough show is this weekend and we've got Les's 350 K2, my drum brake Strada, Chris's tastefully brown Granpasso, and the star attraction: Hugo Wilson's Mk1 500 Camel. Plus club products and a warm welcome to anyone who comes to say hello and test our encyclopaedic knowledge of Morinis old and new. Hope to see you there.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Looking forward to the ride up - and have all the crew on board (i.e. - we're using the GP as intended, two up with luggage) and making a proper weekend of it. I've spent the whole afternoon cleaning bits of it; not shiny enough to satisfy the purists but as long as it doesn't rain it should look as good as any machine as ugly as a GP can look. But as the man said, you can't see it when you're riding it, and anyway, it's the ride and comfort that count (in the pillions' world, at least)...

See you there? and Good Riding,

CC + Mrs CC

:D
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote: See you there? and Good Riding,

CC + Mrs CC

:D
Might be a pushing my luck a bit to do the trip on the 2C now hosting the 350 engine I rebuilt last winter, particularly if I can't get the PHBH28s jetted a bit better to suit it before the weekend. I'll check the weather forecast and might even consider going on Saturday via Ellistown ;)
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Unable to make it this weekend.
Weather forecast is good so hopefully Chris you will have an enjoyable ride.
The show should be a good opportunity to talk to potential members from the East of England.
Look forward to some pics Mark, the line up of bikes sounds just right, plenty of room for visitors to discover the benefits of becoming a Morini rider.

Regards

Paul
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

A very successful weekend: a spacious, warm venue with helpful staff and we were busy talking to people all the time. Plenty of interest in the four bikes: Chris Webber's Granpasso, Les Madge's K2, Hugo Wilson's Camel and my Strada. It was good to catch up with friends, put faces to names and spread the word about the wonders of Morinis. And particular thanks to Les for organising everything so efficiently. We certainly plan to go again next year.

72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Good to see you again Mark. Forgive the senior moment - of course I'd seen your blue Strada before!

The stand was very user friendly in layout and welcoming. Well done to all involved.

Did Chris clinch that order for a 1200 Scrambler? ;)
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Looks like another reason not to go to Stafford ever again!

Cheaper,
Roomier,
Looks more modern
Etc

Would miss the ride from Uttoxeter though.... lovely road.

Same distance from me, so I'll pay a visit next year instead and if the Strada is finished, you can have it on display. Whether you want me to tell jokes on the stand is a different matter.......