2017 Club Rally

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Jem

2017 Club Rally

Post by Jem »

The plan is that this year our rally will be at Marton Road Farm camp site http://www.martonroadfarm.com/ from the 12th-14th May.

Camping will be free and there is B&B accommodation which you can pay for yourself. We will prebook 12 pitches for tents; please let me know if you'll be attending so that I can book more if necessary.

The camp site owns The Buck & Bell pub http://www.martonroadfarm.com/the-buck-&-bell.html which can serve food on Friday evening.

Arthur has offered his 'party tent' to accommodate the AGM & forum and shelter if the weather is nasty. We need a couple more volunteers to help with putting the tent up.

There will be a barbeque or curry for the evening meal on Saturday, free to those who attend the AGM.

Arrangements for breakfasts have not yet been settled - I'll let you know.

On Sunday morning, after demolishing the tent, if the weather's good there will be the choice of a ride-out or visit to Arthur's collection of bikes (he might even let you have a ride).

Jem Moore
Secretary, Morini Riders Club
corsaro chris

Re: 2017 Club Rally

Post by corsaro chris »

We'll be there on the GP and I'm happy to help with the 'tent' (but I think that it's a marquee!).

I'm guessing that Arthur will get the tent to the camp site and we'll provide the labour to stick it up, big as the GP is it won't carry it! (Fond memories now of taking the 'toilet tent' to the V-twin rally back in the 80's - Arthur will also remember that ... and it's good of him to let us have the use of his now.

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Jem

Re: 2017 Club Rally

Post by Jem »

I defer to the experts. David Marlow describes it as a party tent - marquees have one or two big poles and are pointy things.
We shall have to organise transport as there'll be 30 chairs and 4 tables - they won't all fit in Arthur's motor.