Travels on a Morini.

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MickeyMoto

Travels on a Morini.

Post by MickeyMoto »

Was wondering if anybody has a clue as to entry requirements to other countries to which our Morinis may venture?

It appears to be a moveable feast. To get to Denmark the route would be France, Belgium, Netherlands (maybe), Germany then Denmark. Each has different Covid requirements.

Until we get back to a semblance of freedom then I am not sure I want to jump through all the rapidly changing hoops.

Of course, each country then has different requirements to enter premises...
3potjohn

Re: Travels on a Morini.

Post by 3potjohn »

Then there is the GHIC card and travel insurance to be sorted. I think a lot of Ccvid requirements will reduce but not sure time frame. And to think when a bunch of “lads from the villages” went to the Bol d’Or at Le Mans in around 1977 we just went with just a passport and if the sign said 110, that’s what we did. Hey ho!
John
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I do hope so, John, but the carefree days have long gone. Today is all about control. Inappropriate speed limits with average speed cameras etc and I now see France is getting noise meters on lamp posts.

I remember going to France at 17 not realising I had to be 18 to drive in France. Nobody cared.

Still none the wiser about where I can find up to date information. :)
Ming

Post by Ming »

I can supply requirements for entry to France. Driving is no problem unless you want to visit central Paris and you can still ride like à hooligan elswhere - unless you are caught. Most Autoroutes are fast, far more attractive and emptier than UK ones. Most drivers are still biker friendly. Petrol is expensive!
A full record of vaccination is now required for bars and restaurants, but anti vaxers are a minority anyway.
Come over, buy my bikes, I need to sell for health reasons :(
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Ming,

I still do not know the entry requirements. How about testing requirements? I have seen that the certificates have an end date x days after a booster.

Maybe I'll nick one of dinghies from Dover, put my bike on it and row across.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Maybe a sail would be of use but not with this westerly. Probably better than a blast from the east though.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Ming wrote: 20 Feb 2022 06:40 Come over, buy my bikes, I need to sell for health reasons :(
Sorry to hear that. Just crocked my right hip and hoping it will recover in time to be able to ride mine soon. Glad I bought the Husky with electric start.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

My lad went to France on his pedal cycle in January. He had to do a test before going, but his 2 jab at that time 'covid passport' got him in everywhere OK. Silly saucisson forgot to complete his passenger locator form before arriving at Dieppe to get the ferry back. He was able to do it online there and then on his phone luckily (after a bit of being shouted at).

Pretty sure you have to have the full set of three jabs now for premises. From Monday I suspect you may not to do anything at all to be allowed back in to blighty.

Things keep changing though so best to check just before departure and cross fingers they don't change while away.
Ming

Post by Ming »

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/comin ... -countries
As 72° says, things are changing quite rapidly, so keep checking.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Thanks Ming. That I good info. Just need it for the other countries.

Having said that the Welsh National Rally is on 6th May... :)
hombre

Post by hombre »

Over here in NL things are changing rapidly (for the better), so if you pass by we'll organise a meet just for the hell of it.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, thanks. Scandinavia is leading the way in dropping requirements. I'll remove Ukraine from my travel list...
hombre

Post by hombre »

There is a Morinimeet from the French Club near Liege end of april, for those who want to pop over. I'd like to go since this is pretty close to home for us Dutchies.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Hombre,

I saw that, but have decided not to go, as I have arranged a Morini meeting in the The Republic of Yorkshire for the Sunday.

Mike
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

hombre wrote: 17 Mar 2022 22:59 this is pretty close to home for us Dutchies.
Do you still get passed pon de left hand side?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.