Excalibur Peculiarities

Excaliburs, New Yorks
corsaro chris

Re: Excalibur Peculiarities

Post by corsaro chris »

Only just read this string, so sorry for a tardy contribution!

In conversation with Lambertini (engine designer of all the V twin Morini) during a club visit in 2007 he stated very clearly that these engines had the strongest characteristics purely through the design of the exhaust system. They were tuned for maximum power / torque; I recall that the New York I rode once from Bengy Straws' WeeVee here in the UK was fast; the 501 motor was probably good for about 120 mph! Certainly better than any stock 500 I rode...

Enjoy the jouirney, and welcome to the Forum!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
swtuggle

Post by swtuggle »

Thanks for that piece of valuable info, CC. Yes, it seems the Factory Customs category doesn't draw much interest. Not to worry, as long as a few fellow Morinisti help me keep the dialogue alive. I started an Excalibur Update thread, so I'll post my latest findings there.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Don't know where you're based, but there was a very custom on the club stand in the South West show earlier in the year, which also gotto Benzinas' Tea & Cakes: and we'd welcome one up in SCotland for the Scotthish show in March...

Cheers,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
swtuggle

Post by swtuggle »

I now noticed I don't have a location attached to my username, not sure where to update my profile to show where I am. I live in the northwest corner of the states. Steilacoom, Washington, to be exact. Wouldn't be surprised to learn I have the only Excalibur of maybe 20 total Morinis west of the Mississippi. Seems like most were sold in the eastern part of the country.

I would love to someday visit and ride in the UK.

Steve