Box thing with pipes

Excaliburs, New Yorks
MickeyMoto

Box thing with pipes

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

Does anybody know what goes where on the box with the breather pipes, please?

I took mine off thinking I'd junk it but am going to put it back.

The bottom one is the engine breataher, but I have 4 more - 2 for the rocker covers, one is an 'exhaust', what is the 4th one for and in which order? Or is it just a plain box?

thanks,

Mike.
Chips1953

Re: Box thing with pipes

Post by Chips1953 »

I have the same on my Camel, the 4th was capped off, so I presume it is unused.
Future proof?

Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

My Coguaro also has that box. It looks the same as the one on the 500 sport, where two pipes come from the rocker covers and two go to the air box, one either side into the centre of the round air filters. Presumable a nod towards reducing emissions....

On my Coguaro air box there is no provision for connecting the pipes so I imagine the factory just reused the part from the earlier 500 and had found that the emissions thing was negligible.

Cheers,
Robin
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, if it is the same box as the 500 road bikes & 500/501 Camels the large bottom outlet to the crankcase, two nearside upper pipes to the rocker covers and the two offside pipes either to the air box or the atmosphere (mine go to the chain near the swinging arm but not a good idea if you only do short runs).

I had a 501 Coguaro (from Spain) which had a clear plastic breather pipe with plastic baffles inside with a simple metal junction pipe half way along to attach the pipes from the rocker covers which lead from the crankcase to the rear of the bike ; similar to early 350s?

Hope this helps, Ian
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Thanks everybody.

I managed to open my original box and it is just some baffles. I presume the box restrict the flow so that the baffle on the earlier engine breathers is not required. The exhausts were routed down the frame tube to air. All connected now.

Mike.