Anyone got a Duke Monster?

Anything to do with motorcyles
Mark N.I.

Anyone got a Duke Monster?

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi,
as above really, anyone got a ducati monster, not the new shape?
Not looking to change just wanting some help.
Thanks

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
morini_tom

Re: Anyone got a Duke Monster?

Post by morini_tom »

I used to have a '94 750 supersport which is mechanically very similar. What's the problem?
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi, not at present but had an original aircooled one a while back. 'possibly the worst bike I've ever had (not mechanically - it didn't breakdown that much) just it handled like a pig on roller skates and it had a steering lock which made doing U-turns look like wathcing the QE2 turn round in the bath. Anyway I did deleve into its horrible treshing machine of an engine, so I might be be to help (servicing is along the lines of what they do on spcae shuttles, just more frequent). :)

Pete
PS. Tom go back to bed it's far too early !
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

OK guys, sorry you are going to hate, was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that.
All im looking for is the diameter of the headlight, across the front of the light.
Many Thanks and sorry again

Mark
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Mark, I've got a 2001 Monster S4, although I don't like to admit it on this forum because of all the derision that will probably get heaped upon me. I have to say that I love it, and it was quite handy on a track day at Brands once. Is it the outside diameter of the headlight shell you need, the distance between the mounting brackets or what?

Cheers, Mark
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

HAHA I knew this would pay off :P
I think they are great bikes, got a friend with one but cant get hold of him at the min.
The outside diameter would be great mate, and any pics of how its mounted and how close it is too the clocks.
Sorry to be such a pain.
My mate loves his, once he jacked up the rear a bit, found it much better, sure it is great on the track.
Many Thanks

Mark
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The diameter of the unit is about 205mm (but don't base any engineering drawings on that!) and the mounting brackets are basically that width apart, allowing for a washer on each side. The headlamp unit sits in front of and under the clocks, and there's less than a centimetre clearance between the two. If you PM me your email, I'll try and send some pics (having problems with Photobucket!)
"I'll have a V please, Bob."