Wheel cleaner??

Anything to do with motorcyles
Mark N.I.

Wheel cleaner??

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hey all,

Just wondering what people are using to clean their wheels?
Any good sprays out there for chrome spoke wheels?

Cheers
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Wheel cleaner??

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

This was a simple enough question however the gran passo boys are a bit pre-occupied with the lack of air in their front tyres so I guess cleaning is some way down the agenda.
With no such issues I can tell you that I have had some time to source the all important cleaning materials. Those that know me and have seen my Morini's can confirm that I spend too much time on the cleaning task. I'm told that this is a Virgo thing and I have a general obsession for perfection. Well that may be but I do enjoy riding my Morini's and they should always look their best. Auto Glym products are as good as anything and offer a comprehensive range for all tasks. Solvo autosol is also good stuff particularly if your bike needs a face lift. Dull alloy and chrome will come up as good as new with a little work. Remember one thing, ignore cleaning those wheels at your peril. Rust forms very quickly particularly if you put your bike away wet.
On a general note I hoping to come over to the North West 200 next year and wanted to know where you would recommend staying as a good base. If he gets his test passed my son James will bring over the 350. He likes a drop of Bushmills and has visited the area before. May be you could send us a pm and let me have some of your local knowledge.

Regards

Paul
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Paul and Mark;

The NW200 could well be the clubs' 2011 "Boarder Raid" - and maybe a quick trip in to the northern part of the Republic of Ireland as well (great motorcycling country in that whole area)?

I use Muck Off for the wheels on the GP, and everything else come to think of it... Of course, there the rims are black, with a warning "not to use prolonged exposure to chemicals..." Well, they are from Japan! That seems to work as long as you follow the instructions and use a soft brush as well.

Good riding, now that summers here!
8)
CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for the replys, thats brilliant.
Chris, I use the muck off wax, great stuff, but had totally forgot about there other products :oops:
Paul, I am the same, always have to clean the bike before putting it away. Had looked at the autoglym stuff but was just afraid how it would react with the chrome, autosol is spot on for the rims but getting at the spokes is a nightmare.
Old man is up at Harley to-day so told him to have a look see what they have for wheels, all the chrome on them things bound to have something safe :lol:

As for the north west, pretty sure I can come up with something, are you thinking Tents or B+B? Just race day or maybe few days before too?
Bushmills is great and the tour is worth a nosey, done it myself last year.

Sounds like you had a great AGM, would love to make one sometime soon

Mark
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

As Chris said this might be our border raid for next year. If we came over it would be good to spend a few days. I believe the races are on the Saturday with practice Thursday/Friday. Bushmills, Giant causeway and may be a quick day trip south of the border might be worth it. Usually like Italy and Holland we hotel, not against camping but less gear is always good and should (probably) it rain you have some rest from the elements. Plenty of time to plan however the best places always get booked up early. Any details on ferry costs would be useful and whether they use tie downs or the old fashioned ropes which P&O prefer to offer their biking passengers.

Safe Riding

Paul
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Would be good if you do get over.
Yes the NW200 is now week long, even events on the Sunday to stop the mad exit rush after the races which usually end badly.
Not 100% on what hotels are up there, I usually just blast up and down but I know a chap up there and im sure he could get me some info.
Never taken the bike on the boat, yet, but my dad has, stena line into belfast tend to strap the bike down for you, p+o irish sea into larne tend to give you the straps and let you do but both are the ratchet type, though if you have extra id bring them with you anyway.

Back on track, got a spray S100 so gona give it a try over the weekend and will report back.

mark