Moto Morini - Current Situation

Anything to do with motorcyles
Maurizio

Moto Morini - Current Situation

Post by Maurizio »

From October 1 guarantees are no longer valid.
Moto Morini will be in business until December 31.
After this date, the fate of the Moto Morini is entrusted to the judge who will decide whether he can continue operating until comes buyer, or if it will be sold in auction.
I will let you know as soon as I got news.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Moto Morini - Current Situation

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Maurizo,

Thanks for the update.
For many of us within the club and those outside with knowledge of Italian culture/politics/business will understand that anything is possible. That said there does seem to be an element of certainty here which goes back to September last year. The back drop to all of this is that motorcycle sales particularly in Italy have been and still are in free fall. Add to this the international banking crisis and an over valued Euro and you have little reason to invest in Morini or any other motorcycle brand for that matter. Do you know if the factory premises and site remain in family hands? This is a large site and if redeveloped could fund a new venture from smaller premises with lower overheads and a break even figure more appropriate to a present market. Of course most of us do not understand italian insolvency law, by now in the UK this business would have been sold for a £1 and reopened on the basis that jobs were being protected and that it was in the best interests of the economy. Of course trade suppliers would have gone unpaid but the customers past and present would have been protected and the business would have lived on. :D
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I suspect that the 'marque' may be bought by someone even if the site, buildings and other assets don't go with it. The 'Voxan' name has been sold to a builder of electric cars (including sports cars) and is posssibly destined to appear on a PTW again.
idleidolidyll

Post by idleidolidyll »

surely the tooling and designs are worth buying; what about the spares inventory?

somone like 3X might be keen to provide support for owners going forward if the price is right?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

idleidolidyll wrote:surely the tooling and designs are worth buying; what about the spares inventory?

somone like 3X might be keen to provide support for owners going forward if the price is right?
In the case of Voxan an outfit called SIbel purchased all the spares and presumably the designs and tooling. They are just starting to sell parts again apparently. The 'marque' was sold separately. The Voxan Club of France raised a fighting fund and purchased the last batch of the newly launched VX10 model. They are selling them off to raise money for spares manufacture.

An Italian equivalent may do the same for Moto Morini.

As to 3X - I wouldn't hold my breath, but then I am a bit biased after their treatment of Voxan (they were going to be the UK distributors).