OUR HEADS ARE IN THE SAND

Anything to do with motorcyles
rod100

OUR HEADS ARE IN THE SAND

Post by rod100 »

Have YOU written to your MEP???????? Look up MAG at http://www.mag-uk.org/en/newsdetail/a6836 for how to write. BIKERS HAVE ALWAYS HAD ENEMIES. They seem to have formed a club called the European Parliament. Current proposals (March 2011) include: 1. COMPULSORY ABS (no, you won't be allowed to switch it off. Goodbye off-roading. Goodbye (in my opinion) road skills which have kept us alive. 2. ANTI-TAMPERING MEASURES These would restrict riders’ choice of air filters, engine management systems, internal parts, exhausts, sprockets, tyres, etc. Goodbye technical involvement. Goodbye freedom. 3. FREQUENT SPOT CHECKS. i.e. Random and Regular Spot Checks on Motorcycles at the Roadside. So you thought Nambypamby Britain wouldn't get you? 4. ONBOARD BIG BROTHER i.e. Mandatory Onboard Data Logging Equipment. Making a bit of smoke with your rich mixture? Yes, it satisfied the Italian passion for extra oomph, but your onboard monitor closes you down. You limp home. Or it tells someone how fast you were going, etc etc. And there is more. It took me some time to write to my four MEPs today, and the topic was upsetting, and THAT is the reason WE DONT WRITE! But IF we don't, the game will be lost. Believe me, this society will lose itself up its risk-averse rear end before long, and it will take us with it. Write to your MEP as MAG directs (see above) and shock him. He probably doesn't believe he is visible or accountable. Do it. Do it NOW. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: OUR HEADS ARE IN THE SAND

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Easy answer, come to our track day. :D
Same rules always apply, bring your Morini's and have a fun day without fear of pot holes, speed limits or EU bureaucrats

Safe Riding

Paul
nicko

Re: OUR HEADS ARE IN THE SAND

Post by nicko »

This is something that I strongly believe in.

Please can you all join in the Mass Protest against EU restrictions on motorcycling. 25 September 2011 @ 1pm. For a list of starting points visit

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

Nick