M.A.G Motorcycle action group

Anything to do with motorcyles
Tricky

M.A.G Motorcycle action group

Post by Tricky »

I just happened to be passing a pub that was holding a M.A.G meeting or get together. Lots of looks as I went by so I turned around and went in.
Talk about a duck out of water :o , it was more of a bikers meet then a motorcyclists meeting. I have an open mind to all things. My bike was the only italian that I could see and out of a couple of hundred bikes maybe one of ten non Harly type bikes. I didnt feal very welcome so quick coke and I buggard off. I really did think that my pipes are too loud, after hearing a few of the bikes there, i worry no more.
Just my experience of things. The weather was hit and miss, it might be that the people there were a bit more hard core and not put off by the quickly changing weather. :|

I have'nt been to a MAG meeting in 12yrs or more any one else been.
nicko

Re: M.A.G Motorcycle action group

Post by nicko »

Sorry to hear about your experiences however I don't believe that this is the norm. I am a MAG member and my local meet welcomes all sorts. I must admit that I am the only Morini owner, but we do have riders on Guzzi's, MV's, Hondas, Triumphs, Buells etc, I must admit that recently the number of Japanese machines is reducing and a there is a lot more variety.
Irrespective of whether you wish to attend meetings etc, it is more important to enable the lobbying of MPs, Europe and the like to ensure that we are all still able to ride our bikes without unjust intervention. Please just search on the Euro Type Approval issues.
Cheers
Nick