Motorcycle dealers

Anything to do with motorcyles
buell1203

Motorcycle dealers

Post by buell1203 »

Would there be interest in compiling an index of motorcycle accessory suppliers who give good or bad service?

In my case I would express my concern at the poor customer service provided by m@p. they provided a mirror unsuitable for my purpose and after three weeks I am waiting for them to collect it. They did arrange for collection on Monday but it was requested for Tuesday

They do not respond to e mails and really have a poor customer focus.
MarkB

Re: Motorcycle dealers

Post by MarkB »

While I don't think that this forum is the appropriate place to raise complaints about general parts suppliers, I've just received a pair of tyres from M&P and it did take longer than their usual next-day delivery. Included with the invoice was a note saying:

"Over the last ten days we have been moving into our new purpose-built warehouse after a fire completely destroyed our building in June 2011. Please accept our apologies if you have had any delay in receiving your order."

I'll continue to use them.

Cheers, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

In my humble opinion, I can't see a problem with praising dealers and suppliers but I think the moderators may not like criticism. The threat of being sued does tend to focus the mind... :)

Just my thoughts...

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

I see no problem in being honest, if you are honest and not just slagging them off because you are out of pocket.

Word of mouth is the best way to sort out some one is not honest in their transactions. Once bitten twice shy.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi George,

I do agree that word of mouth etc is beneficial and some dealers will take action, but just look at the first 2 posts and it appears that the dealer has had problems, which negative feedback can result in the business folding completely. Would that be fair to the employees? You also have to be careful that a rival is not trying to hurt that particular supplier. I read somewhere that some hoteliers were rubbishing rival hotels and talking up their own on a popular travel website.

On a bright note, I purchased a Ventura rack for my Corsaro last Thursday lunchtime. Received some mails and the parts turned up the following morning. That is service.

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

That's interesting Mike, as I sent an email to Ventura asking them about the headlight protectors that they make for the Corsaro. They replied that I would need to buy both bags as that was what was available in the kit.
Maybe I didn't express myself properly. Still I think they are the only supplier of such an item, so I will be contacting them again as I am sure replacement headlights are in short supply at the moment.
Perhaps we are being over enthusiastic with this, personally if I am disappointed with a supplier I'll let them know and try to explain my displeasure without holding them to ransom.
However, I wouldn't want to be castigated as someone who allowed something dishonest to go unnoticed.
So I'll leave it that then.
Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

Totally agree that dealers could fold if the situation is misrepresented. I try to be factual and in fairness found that although I said Monday delivery was not viable in one mail my next inexplicably said the item would be ready for collection on Monday not Tuesday. I do not understand that but can see I am at fault.

Things then took a turn.the courier was contacted and said it was no problem to collect next day. He did not. When contacted he then said that the company have to request collection,not the customer. Logical but I had not been told this previously.

The supplier of the part then ignored every e mail sent to resolve things until I threatened legal action. They are now communicating. Hopefully the end is in sight but it has taken a month. Not good enough.

I accept they have problems but they can deal with customer sales well enough so why not customer returns?

An American method of dealing with difficult traders is to post a message on the web advising of difficulties and Asking fellow members to call and state they are unhappy with what they are hearing. One or two calls may go unnoticed but maybe 20 would not?

I do not advocate this but it shows the power of a group.
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

They refunded my costs today. It has taken about five weeks in all. Communication was poor but at least it is sorted. They are aware I will not be dealing with them again.

Conversely I found "bike revival " to be excellent when I bought a rear monoshock for my zzr11. Highly recommended.