Bling durch technik and other gripes.

Anything to do with motorcyles
Chips1953

Bling durch technik and other gripes.

Post by Chips1953 »

Silverstone, "The Home of the £5 Bacon Butty"

Well, I went to Silverstone (WSBK) to see Max fall off and most of the the others come to that, weather was good around the track but not at race time.
I can say that I never saw another MM,(was anybody else there?). Talked to one bloke and who saw my tank bag had MM on it but thought that only 3 1/2's were ever sold over here. At least he recognised the Logo.

My son bought the tickets and in the deal he got the Pit Pass, for 3 of us in total. £50 for the ticket and £35 for the Pit Pass. The Pit was open from 11.05 until 11.30, so we watched the 1st Super Stock race and with 15 mins to go we tried to catch the shuttle bus to the pits, by 11.15 I left Jamie and his mate to it, as the bus had not arrived and wandered back to my seat to see the 1st Wsbk race.
The lads got to the pit at 11.25 and were not allowed in, so questioning the G4S man he said, "I suppose you watched the 1st race then".
The Pit Pass cost £35 each, non of which we were able to use. £105 in total. So beware if are going to a race at Silverstone make sure you understand the in's and out's of your purchase, obviously the bouncer knew what was going on as he concluded correctly why we were late.

So I've been to Donnington, Silverstone, Mallory and Oulton Park, but have also been to Assen, Hockenheim, Monza, Nurburg, Coleraine and Le Mans. We I go abroad to the tracks I seem to have no problems, no issues, no rip offs, just fun. (forgot Dijon, sorry)

Anyway the Corsaro was superb on this trip, I can say with absolute pride that I adore my bike.
Hail, downpours, floods, German car drivers all were taken in it's stride, no faults, nothing electric failed, wonderful. Saw off a Street Triple south of Lancaster on the road to Carnforth and an MV on the A43 to Northampton.
Which brings me to my topic for tonight. What is it with this Bling on Audi, Merc etc? Is it fairy lights for the Rep's or is it a way of enhancing the "look at me" image of bland, look alike, German cars?

I would like to say "God Forbid" we have the same on our bikes, and I'm sure some will do it. It may be a forced issue from the Eu, like don't change your silencer, or be shot. No insinuation here.

Off to post a picture of my new inscrutable wavy discs. :mrgreen:
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
George 350

Re: Bling durch technik and other gripes.

Post by George 350 »

Hi Chips,

The 'bling' of the added fairy lights (Wonderful description! will use that term from now on!) you refer to are daytime running lights, now compulsory on all new / latest model cars and will be on all new cars by next year. For this we can blame the EC again. Volvo found out 30 odd years ago that in northern european countries which have long transitions between day and night, that daytime running lights reduced accidents. Sweden, Norway and Finland then introduced legislation years ago making these lights compulsory .Now the powers that be in Brussels have determined that we have to have it across the whole EEC area - even in bright and sunny southern europe.

I can only guess as to when the non turn-offable headlights will arrive for bikes, but I bet it won't be long.

George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
morini500dave

Post by morini500dave »

IT'S HERE ALREADY!!! :roll:
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Why everything is better with a motorcycle along as a accompaniment.

Nothing to gripe about today, as Chris and I were lucky enough to get a ticket each for the opening ceremony of the Paralympics.
We decided to go by bike to enliven the adventure even more, but as we can't get enough kit on the Corsaro for 2 of us we went on the Blade.
I feel the Olympics has been a wonderful experience for all those who participated, watchers as well. The greeting that we got when we got to London from the Volunteers was exceptional, I have never felt that complete and utter enthusiasm from so many.
Below is a piccy from the ceremony. When Team GB came on to Bowie's, Heros, wow what a noise.
photo (7).JPG
photo (7).JPG (166.2 KiB) Viewed 7690 times
Givi make a rack for a top box on the Blade, RRW/RRX models, or they did. So we can stick some stuff on.
CELTH_2012_00003.jpg
CELTH_2012_00003.jpg (138.73 KiB) Viewed 7690 times
The road is the link road from Bakewell to Chelmorton via the B5055. If any of you are down that way then try this road into Buxton from Chelmorton and over the top to Stockport.
2 up on the Blade is good as it's amazingly comfortable, in true Honda fashion, except it would be better if the pegs were lower. Old knees.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi George,

Looks like you had a good time, the Olympics have been very good. Can we keep that enthusiasm going in the country?

I have fitted the Ventura rack to my Corsaro and added a Givi rack plate so I can ride with a top box. Haven't worked out what to do for panniers as the side plates do get a bit warm... Maybe need to make up some spacers to allow some air flow.

Off to Belgium next weekend, using a roll sack on the back seat as not got a pillion.

Has anybody found a decent sized tank bag for the Corsaro?
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi Mike
As you know I had the MM tank bag, but it's a little precarious when fitted, I've bought an Oxford X30 from Hein gerrick which is the strap type. fits very well and HG are in shut down so you may be able to get one cheap. They do an X40 as well.
Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965