Helmets

Anything to do with motorcyles
buell1203

Helmets

Post by buell1203 »

I generally use an open face helmet but having had an excellent uvex for over ten years I need to change. Has anyone got experience of caberg helmets? There are two which are reasonably priced,the riviera and downtown.

I tried a caberg flip type some years ago but took it back as it was the most uncomfortable thing I ever wore. Maybe things have improved?

I want comfort and quiet. I do not mind weight.
MickeyMoto

Re: Helmets

Post by MickeyMoto »

I had a Caberg flip front and found it noisy. I wear a BMW system 6 which is good. For an open face I tried a Davida. Leather lined it was most comfortable and very quiet. The guy didn't have the correct size otherwise I'd have bought one in Italian flag colours.
buell1203

Re: Helmets

Post by buell1203 »

Yes the BMW is a schuberth hence quality and expensive. I fancy the old schuberth j1 but it would have to come from Germany as I will not pay the premium in the uk. I need to try one before I chance it so that will not happen.

Realistically I will not be paying more than 150 but thanks for the info. I really wish I could find a uvex but they no longer make the open helmets.

Any other helmets worth considering? I have had bell in the past but most now have no face shield. Anyone tried airoh or nitro lids?