devitt insurance "beware" upon renewal

Anything to do with motorcyles
twisty

devitt insurance "beware" upon renewal

Post by twisty »

just contacted devitt for proof of my no claims only to find they have been taken money from me without my knowledge.

Seems that they can act as they wish and automatically renew your policy and keep taking money from your bank account using a continuous direct debit policy.

I received hee haw correspondence from them , the first i became aware of this was when i tried to get a copy of my no claims. I'd heard of this happening with credit card payments but didn't know that the buggers could do this with my bank when the policy had lapsed, especially with no mail from them. Pity help anyone on holiday or ill who then finds unauthorised payments off their accounts and to make matters worse i was just about to renew the policy.

they now have the cheek to inform me that i have to forfeit a cancellation and an admin charge for something i didn't authorise. Shower of w#############

So DEVITT bike insurance

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR Customer Service :x
stillooking

Re: devitt insurance "beware" upon renewal

Post by stillooking »

That's not unusual with insurance companies (and other companies).May seem a bit cheeky of them, but if you were going to renew what's the problem? They are only trying to cut down on admin and trying to make a profit.
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

It's standard practice in the insurance industry as a result of the continous insurance rules.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
twisty

Post by twisty »

it might be standard policy but it's hidden in a pile of legal crap so that you do not see it when you apply for your 12 months policy. Oh but i'm so frigging stupid am i that i should know. I don't think so, this is just the big companies skimmming Joe public as usual.

Anyone in this day and age who allows an insurance company to automatically renew a policy is a mug , as 9 times out of ten you will pay more.

As far as i'm concerned Devitt are a bunch of fricking con men. I don't see much difference between been robbed from my bank account without my permission or signature just because i applied for one years insurance. You can't honestly say that when you go for insurance that you are signing up for the next few years unless you have money to burn .

The one fly in the ointment with that argument is that the insurer is assuming all the details are still the same , but if they haven't contacted or received confirmation from the customer then how can the policy be legally void.

Well i suppose if i repeat the name DEVITT it will come up on some search engines and draw attention to their sharp practices.