MOT

Anything to do with motorcyles
Ralph

MOT

Post by Ralph »

The Strada passed it's MOT today with flying colors, I stopped on the way for a brew
and a chap turned up look at the Morini and then told me all about them he certainly
knew a bit about them, I was beginning to wonder if without looking he was going to
tell me the exact engine and frame numbers on my bike, anyway as he was walking away
he passed the remark that he had never had a licence for or ridden a motorbike,
for such a enthusiast and so knowledgeable person to have never ridden a bike seems very
strange to me, takes all sorts I suppose.
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
Ralph

Re: MOT

Post by Ralph »

Just passed again as it's over 40 years old I am going to apply
for Historic Vehicle status and with any luck free road tax.
There was a Italian guy in the bike shop I thought he was
going to demand it have his babes seeing it actually brought
a tear to his eye.
:D :D :D
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

Ralph wrote: Italian guy in the bike shop I thought he was
going to demand it have his babes
:shock:

passionate guys those Italiens! :lol:

Post by MickeyMoto »

There are limits, old boy.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I have mine MOT'd at Del Basso's in Hitchin. Signor Del Basso apparently walked from Italy to the UK after the war and the family motorcycle dealer/workshop is still going strong, largely thanks to sales of Piaggios and Vespas. Every time they see a Morini it's time for adulation and worship! Scrupulous but understanding of the limitations of a 40-year old bike when it comes to the MOT. Once I showed Signor del B how the ignition and snuffbox worked the lights, and he said "ah it's OK, you know more about these bikes than I do - it'll be fine!"
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

MarkB wrote:I have mine MOT'd at Del Basso's in Hitchin. Signor Del Basso apparently walked from Italy to the UK after the war and the family motorcycle dealer/workshop is still going strong, largely thanks to sales of Piaggios and Vespas. Every time they see a Morini it's time for adulation and worship! Scrupulous but understanding of the limitations of a 40-year old bike when it comes to the MOT. Once I showed Signor del B how the ignition and snuffbox worked the lights, and he said "ah it's OK, you know more about these bikes than I do - it'll be fine!"
That's a attitude I can live with.
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Took Log book V10 and MOT to post office today with changes to Historic Vehicle completed
on log book details were entered in computer and free tax issued within min's log book
was retained by post office to be sent to Swansea a new one with historic vehicle should
arrive in a week or two bike now on free tax. Post office said they did not need the V10
the government site said they did but it would not be sent to them and you can download and
print the V10 so a painless process and free tax if your bike was registered before 7-1-1976 they
allow 7 days as the actual day that matters is the build date.

:D
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image