Bike on Isle of Man-no Morini content but help needed!

Anything to do with motorcyles
Steve Brown

Bike on Isle of Man-no Morini content but help needed!

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi all, Whilst over on t'Isle of Man last week I saw a bike I want to buy. I wasn't able to conclude the deal before I left or arrange to pick it up.
My plea is this; Is there anyone going over to the island before October who would be willing/able to collect it for me? I can go over in October but would like to rescue this bike before the salt does even more damage to it.

My other option would be; Is there anyone resident on the island who would collect and store it for me till October? In either case the pick up is not 100% straight forward as the brakes are seized on and it will need lifting manually onto a trailer or van. The owner is young and fit enough to assist here though. The bike is not too heavy, it's only a 125cc.

Not asking for any freebies either, willing to cover costs etc.

If you can help me save an innocent bike from a salty grave, please post here or PM me so that I can call you-all offers of help gratefully received!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MarkB

Re: Bike on Isle of Man-no Morini content but help needed!

Post by MarkB »

Steve, I can't help from Stevenage, but you could try a message on the ikba.co.uk forum: I know there's at least one person there on the Isle of Man. Tell them that Mark B sent you! And what's the bike?
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Ah, I see that your message has already been put on the Ikba site and picked up by GeofS, the Manx resident. Good luck!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Thanks Mark, yes I have email now for Geoff and another chap also in Port Erin. In the meantime I have also had contact from a chap local to me who is over for the next couple of days and it looks like he has got it covered.

I will thank everyone who has offered help and re-post when the deed is done. See, this internet malarky has some good uses too!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.