Importin an MV from Italy

Anything to do with motorcyles
Bison

Importin an MV from Italy

Post by Bison »

Hello Folks,
Does anyone on the forum have experience of buying a bike in Italy and importing it?. I'm rather tempted by an MV 350 Ipotesi and the prices on Kijiji are very good with todays exchange rate, problem of course is I have very little Italian, and buying blind isn't my idea of relaxation.
Anyone any advice or experience?.
And I should ask if anyone has experience of owning the MV?, can't possibly be as good as a Morini!!!.
Thanks,
Alan.
buell1203

Re: Importin an MV from Italy

Post by buell1203 »

Speak to nlm.They do it all the time..maybe they can assist with transport if yours becomes part of their consignment?
hombre

Post by hombre »

I have bought some bikes in Italy and brought them into NL. I never buy without seeing the bike but do know that having the paperwork done in Italy takes some time and can be as expensive as a 100 Euro's...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The Brooklands Gold Portfolio of Morini roadtests has a contemporary one of the 3 1/2 versus the MV 350 (not sure if it was actually the Ipotesi - which means hypothesis and not hippopotamus as I assumed). From what I remember, both bikes came out well, apart from the MV's outrageous price...
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

I bought a Morini Tresette from Italian ebay.

I contacted Chas Mortimer to import it (cost about £300). Very good to deal with, they paid cash for me and I paid the driver on delivery.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru