Retirement

Anything to do with motorcyles
MickeyMoto

Retirement

Post by MickeyMoto »

With retirement getting closer, I was wondering if anybody was making plans for bike trips.

My list would include:

1. Irish road racing season
2. The Alps.
3. France for a month.
4. New Zealand (un zud)
5. USof A with body armour.
6. Scotland.
7. Himalayas by Enfield
8. Eastern Europe
9. Bike weekends at Spa, Dijon, Spain etc.

That'll keep me busy for a few months.
Daddy Dom

Re: Retirement

Post by Daddy Dom »

Well you're most welcome in Un Zud, mail me when you have a plan! February is good for the classic racing scene.
DD
MRC 3082½
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Even Pete Crawford says that Nepal is no place for a Morini, but on an Enfield Bullet it's the experience of a lifetime. If you're thinking about it seriously (and you should), check out Blazing Trails tours. You won't get any black pudding out there though...

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Are philistines allowed?

I forgot to add Italy to my wish list. A country that I have only recently discovered, but knocks France into a cocked hat, culture-wise... not forgetting the food, of course.

Mike.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Retirement eh.....1 year and 1 moth to go........
Well this might be worth a trip sometime.
http://www.wheels-and-waves.com/

Speaking of NZ I reckon the road to Akaroa looks like it would be good on 2 wheels,rather than in a Toyota Yaris as I was last January.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

...ah yes, moths... about all in my wallet... :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Retirement; Italy for about a month next year is in our plans; it's Germany for two this year, with a brief foray in France during May with family all riding bikes (only one Morini there).

We still have to ride Spain (and Portugal?), and I'd love to get down to Greece, possibly via Italy and then the ferry...

This is before a trip across the water for the NW200 (again), the Atlantic coast road in the Republic of Ireland, and a canter around Scotland - although you can forget the Pass of the Cattle (no head for heights). Then there's mid-Wales, Snowdonia and Hartland Key...

And all this to do before I can't lift the bike and luggage for two [or perhaps I get a lighter bike and travel a little more gently?] At least some of the above should be done with friends...

Good riding - and planning

CC
"I'll use the Morini"