TT 2017

Anything to do with motorcyles
Steve Brown

TT 2017

Post by Steve Brown »

I'm going over for the 2017 TT with a bunch of old RAF cronies and while we have nice accommodation for practice week, we are still struggling for race week. Anybody got anything to offer to four mature (apart from me but I bring my own supervisor) blokes, non smokers, house trained etc from 6th June to 13th June?
Please! Not sure I can sell the idea of a week in a tent to the boys. We were RAF remember, not army or navy so are used to Hilton as a minimum standard, but we are willing to compromise. (a little)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MickeyMoto

Re: TT 2017

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Steve,

Tried homestay?

Some of us stayed in a house for the Classic last year. Lovely couple. Lovely house. Had four rooms. Two doubles, a twin and a single. As you are xCrabs and not Navy should be sufficient rooms available....

Mike
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

MickeyMoto wrote:Hi Steve,

Tried homestay?

Some of us stayed in a house for the Classic last year. Lovely couple. Lovely house. Had four rooms. Two doubles, a twin and a single. As you are xCrabs and not Navy should be sufficient rooms available....

Mike
Hi Mike, yes we're looking at all options. Trouble is it's TT! Much more demand than MGP and every year there seem to be less places available.
I've done homestay twice and would do it again. Despite paying regular B&B prices for a kids bunk bed in a kids room!
We are fussy about rooms as ex crabs...no really, we are!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Reminds me of what my son told me.

He was going on exercise. Marines have a bivi bag, army have tents, RAF ask what the heck is a tent doing in the hotel room!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

MickeyMoto wrote:Reminds me of what my son told me.

He was going on exercise. Marines have a bivi bag, army have tents, RAF ask what the heck is a tent doing in the hotel room!
There are a few like that, something like; marines dive in, army dig in and RAF check in. Suits me! :)

Anyway we have rooms now for race week. All a bit by chance, but it is done. Phew, I need a whiskey now and a miracle to get the Camel built, Nova'd and registered in time. Apparantly that will be even harder :?