Good News

Anything to do with motorcyles
giumorin

Re: Good News

Post by giumorin »

ImageTram Morini ! by Giumorin-Giuliano Colzani, su Flickr
Thanks my fiends : http://www.granpasso.eu/ :arrow: :arrow: :roll:
At EICMA Show, Moto Morini will be present with its new full range (with ABS) and in addition there will be a real novelty
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Handles like it's on rails?!! Great to see new life at MM!
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

giumorin

Post by giumorin »

:) ImageGroup by Giumorin-Giuliano Colzani, su Flickr
the complete unit is preparing to preview the new World Corsaro ZZ :shock: :roll:
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Euro 4, abs, daytime lights, mupo suspension, colour dash...

Been busy. No HP figures.... Or price yet.
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

George 350

Post by George 350 »

It is good that the name lives on, but I cannot ever see these bikes being revered in 40+ years time like the earlier bikes are.
To me, its proportions aren't right - far too tall or too short, not sure which it is -but it makes the styling odd. Also in 10 years the styling hasn't changed? It looks just like the pictures from 2006.
I do know that they are really good bikes, but they lack the "YES!" factor for me.

Isn't life strange. When I was 18 I could have bought a 750 UJM for the cost of my Morini 350 Sport, and I've had much bigger and faster bikes since, but they have all gone and the Morini remains with me. Nowadays, I'm lucky in that it would be relatively easy for me to afford a 'New' Morini, but with the present model range I know I won't need to even think about doing so.
George
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

:) http://motomorini.eu/ :shock: Now there is a new site
Ming

Post by Ming »

George 350 wrote:... I'm lucky in that it would be relatively easy for me to afford a 'New' Morini, but with the present model range I know I won't need to even think about doing so.
George
I know what you mean - to me 'modern' bikes just have too many 'sticky-out bits' on the engines, probes, hoses, etc. I much prefer the clean lines of a Morini, Suzuki DR350, BSA Bantam D3. But then I am even older than the Bantam...
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Gents, I've wanted a Morini 3-1/2 Sport for many years..& I still do.

However, I was ebaying away in the pursuit of a 3-1/2, when an ad for a 2006 Corsaro caught my eye...& kept catching it. Needless to say, after a test ride (thanks Mark!), I simply had to buy it. I've now covered 3000 miles on it since June & "WHAT a bike" is imprinted on my brain & my heart with every ride. The engine is just fabulous, the handling sublime & the looks for me (& the many strangers who've collared me to ask about the bike), are just beautiful. I've ridden without a time out for over 36 years & also have a GSXR1000K6 parked in the garage (a great bike & very rideable on today's roads), but the Corsaro has everything. To ride this bike, is to love it & the continuation of the model, the brand..& Mr Lambertini's design genius are all to be celebrated. My 500 is also slowly having life breathed into it & I'm sure I'll love riding it; Gawd knows, I love it reduced to a bunch of parts in the garage! Not everyone's well disposed to it though..

Moto Morini enthusiasts are of course, a law unto themselves. We like what we like. Outsiders rarely get it though, & many haven't even heard of the brand. Little wonder, as the likes of MCN don't even mention the updated Corsaro in this weeks Milan show new model review. There should be no doubt though, the 1200 engine IS a fantastic piece of kit & for this rider, the definitive riding experience in my riding career to date. Will folks still rate it in 40 years time? If today's owners are still alive, then HELL yes! Being honest though, isn't that also true of the 3-1/2? I still want one though..& badly!

Enjoy your Morinis folks...whatever you've got!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I've said it before. I'll say it again. They are just too high and top heavy for me now. When I was selling mine someone came a long distance to view it. They loved it - right up to the point when, sitting on it, they tried leaning it over more then a few degrees from vertical. No regrets about owning my 08 model, except that I should have bought it in 2010 when the Voxan had to go rather than the Shiver. I could have coped better with it then and had three more years of happy memories of it than the 2 I do have. I won't say in 2006 when they were launched because, for me, owning the Voxan 1000 Roadster was an even more gratifying experience. If I'd had the room I might have kept it, but I knew that the temptation to ride it would be too strong and sooner or later I'd end up dropping it at, probably at 0 mph, again.

I hope Morini don't go the same way as Voxan by essentially just turning out slightly updated and re-styled versions selling to a limited market.

They will be rated in 40 years time but, like most ageing 'modern' bikes and cars, owners may need access to someone who can diagnose weird ECU and decomposing wiring harness problems and source unobtainium ignition//FI parts or get replacements made.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Well chaps, it appears the Corsaro's electrics are limited to the absolute Euro 4 legislatory minimum. as far as I can see? Whether they can still be maintained in 40 years remains to be seen? However, that''s not something Morini can either design or legislate for now. "Design by necessity" might well not lead to the purist of outcomes. Though compare the lines of the engine to a 1200 Ducati & one can't help but admire the relative lack of clutter. At least the Morini name remains in production...for how long? As long as the limited production model is viable, I would guess? It could all have been over years ago though, so I'll welcome the revised Corsaro with a deal of economic & legislatory realism...and a big smile! I'll also hope that the factory can maybe gain enough brand exposure in the next 5 years, to see some worthwhile investment put in place for a wholly new design.

In order to achieve that last aim though, Morini needs support from it's current enthusiasts AND at least some media footprint. The press certainly won't listen unless we the enthusiasts, can shout a little louder. Our Club is a fantastic organisation, full of passionate enthusiasts who have helped the likes of myself & others to look after their beloved bikes, However, we are small in number & we'll dwindle with age, if we cannot keep the flame alive. Given the somewhat tepid response for the revised Corsaro, I sometimes wonder if we are maybe a little too satisfied with keeping our secret passion to ourselves? In doing so, we surely risk Morini ownership in the UK becoming an increasingly left field & diminishing pursuit?

I'm a manufacturing director developing & purchasing UK manufactured automotive parts here in the Midlands & feel that there should be more encouragement for the factory, with the revised Corsaro. I'm sure it's been a considerable effort to fund even this very limited revision ( & the other likely revisions to the 1200's in the pipeline). For all those that organise events & shows, you do a brilliant job & we all thank you for your time & effort. For the likes of us ordinary members though (& all Morini enthusiasts), we should consider what might be done to promote the Morini name for the future? Will we just watch the media ignore the factory's new launch, or will we write to the press telling them that we want to see more coverage of the air cooled & water cooled bikes?

Lastly, aged 52 ( with some ticker issues ) & being just 5ft 8" in height, I currently manage the Corsaro reasonably well...at 62 though?? I take your point! In the meantime though, I'll ride the wheels of it and be very thankful that I found the best bike I've owned, in time to fully enjoy it. T'is better to have loved & lost....
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Gary D wrote:Lastly, aged 52 ( with some ticker issues ) & being just 5ft 8" in height, I currently manage the Corsaro reasonably well...at 62 though?? I take your point! In the meantime though, I'll ride the wheels of it and be very thankful that I found the best bike I've owned, in time to fully enjoy it. T'is better to have loved & lost....
10 years ago I was riding the Voxan in speed hill climbs. I'd bought it in 2004 before the Morini 1200s went in to production because I thought Lambertini's latest creation would remain just another 'artist's impression' machine. I remember telling the MD at the Issoire factory went I went to ride a Roadster 1000 there that my hair was already getting too grey to wait for a new Morini. If I'd only known.

With the right rider (not me, even when younger) a standard Corsaro would be capable of taking the hill record at Shelsley Walsh I reckon and certainly FTD for a road legal machine. Unfortunately speed hill climbing has almost as low a profile with UK bikers than Moto Morini do, or I'd volunteer my lad who managed to get in to the top ten run off at a few events a couple of years ago on just a 350 or 450 single. I'm not sure his mother would want him going through the finish there at well over 100 mph (the lardy Voxan with just 100BHP managed 98) with not a lot of room to stop.

Agreed that the launch should be promoted more in the UK. I'll try to do my bit in a very small way in various internet groups and FB pages I subscribe to ;)
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

Mr D,
If you are a buyer for the motor trade then perhaps you may know of a supplier of Hollow Bar or Thick Walled Tube 1/2" o/d x 1/4" i/d material EN24T (817M40T) in lengths of about 24" long or multipliers of that length. It was as common as muck when we had a motor industry and used for rocker shafts. The only supplier now, has packed up flogging the stuff and was American, presumably for the OHV V8s. Don't bother asking if I have considered deep bore drilling, as that is prohibitively expensive. It is to make rocker shafts for pre war MG OHC engines and although you can get Indian materials it is crap like the Chinese rubbish.