DVLA registration

Anything to do with motorcyles
buzby

Re: DVLA registration

Post by buzby »

Just got the registration for my 250 from the DVLA, it's taken seven weeks.
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

That is not bad at all then! I have recently changed one Morini (that was already on a V5c) from normal tax class to Historic. It's showing as registered online but my new V5c has not appeared yet. It's a good few weeks overdue!
I still think anything handled manually is a lottery at DVLA. Simple tax renewals etc are computer handled and work fine. Now they are going on strike again I hear. Oh dear, the biggest employer for miles is likely to get a bit smaller soon.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Thanks for the update. I'm about to apply for my V55/5 so I can hope to ride my bike on the road by July from the sounds of things from the two of you.
buzby

Post by buzby »

As you said Julian, always send things recorded delivery. When I was changing the V5 of one of my other Morinis to Historic it some how got lost along the way and I did not know where.
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
pedro

Post by pedro »

When I was registering a bike a couple of years ago, my recorded delivery letter went missing within the DVLA, I was lucky enough to establish a contact who advised me against sending things recorded, the reason being that if they need signing for, they have to go to a different department and then be sent on within DVLA. Although I had proof the letter had been signed for, DVLA managed to lose it within itself.