Looking to sell my Morini Dart

Anything to do with motorcyles
chippit

Looking to sell my Morini Dart

Post by chippit »

Hi,

Years ago I bought a morini dart. I only bought it to see if I liked the 3 1/2 engine and if I did I was going to sell it and buy a sport. That was 11 years ago, I kept it because it is such a great bike to ride.
Sadly it is time to sell my bikes and was wondering what sort of price they fetch nowadays? It went straight through another MOT today (it has been fantastically reliable) and is showing 43,459km
I have replaced the timing belt regularly, it had the last fuel tank out of NLM so that is good. I fitted a new fuel shut off solenoid and new pipes to the oil cooler, new chain and sprockets not that many years ago (done 2km in the last 4 years), the tyres still have plenty of tread. I even have a morini Dart tank bag. I bought a cagiva freccia frame with swing arm, side stand (gold dust if yours has broken), wheels, forks, clocks, and all the fairings. All the spares have to go. I also have a very original cb360 that I bought in 2009, It has had a lot of money spent on it, new rims, spokes, chain and sprockets, forks, taper roller head stock bearings, genuine honda silencers and down pipes, rebuilt starter motor, new tyres, really nicely painted tank and side panels in the blue, etc. It starts and runs really nicely also MOTed even though it is tax and MOT exempt. Also about to go on ebay.

Anyone have any ideas or is looking for one of these amazing bikes?

Regards Christine
chippit

Re: Looking to sell my Morini Dart

Post by chippit »

Any one interested? 130 views
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Christine,

I sent a PM on the 11th March... :)

Mike.
chippit

Post by chippit »

Thanks Mike,

It's got to find a new home........? :) I have collected a few spares since buying it from you. I had NLM fit one of their 'Y' piece exhaust sections to replace the original unobtanium collector box. New mot,
It sounds great!

Cx
Stempy

Post by Stempy »

Did the dart sell ?
chippit

Post by chippit »

Hi, I have not tried to sell it, just gone straight through another MOT with no advisories
Regards Christine
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

I know someone after a 3 1/2. Not sure if a Dart would do it for him. Where are you and what are you after for it? I'm not asking as a way to start haggling but I don't know if these go for £1,000 or £6,000!!
chippit

Post by chippit »

Hi, I am near Daventry, Northants. I am asking £2300 including all the spares.
Regards Christine
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

That sounds like a good deal for someone. It's temptingly close to me too...If only I had space for another Morini (or any other bike) I'd be there like a shot!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

That does sound reasonable. Got any photos you could pop up?
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Christine,
I agree your price of £2300 sounds reasonable with the spares.

FYI: I've been offered several Darts for sale in the last few years. One had a 400 engine but was crash damaged and probably sold for around £1750. Other ones include £1300 for one that was in boxes viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4781&p=24734 but complete; a fancy one where the seller was asking £2500 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2752&p=13548 a Dutch 400 for 2200€ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4189&p=20611 and prices on eBay ranged from just under £800 to around £3000.

A bit like Steve Brown, I'd be very interested in it however my garage is over-full and that's ignoring a New York 501 that's shortly going to appear.

Good luck with finding a good home for it. I hope the day will come when I have a Dart to ride and sorry it's unlikely to be your one because of my space constraints and the demands of my other Morinis.

Julian
chippit

Post by chippit »

Hi Julian,
Many thanks for you reply. I have now put it officially up for sale here and now lock down is easing it will go up for sale on car and classic this week.
Kind regards
Christine
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

As Julian says, that is a very reasonable price. Just looked at the picture in the advert and think it looks a cracker too! Don't let it go too cheaply it's well worth your asking price especially with the other parts listed. Selling a bike on here can be a hit or miss thing as the majority already have one Morini at least. If it doesn't go quickly from the club site then go the usual public routes but also remember that the shows and autojumbles are starting again soon. Parking your bike up at an event with an advert attached is a good way of reaching buyers, and so is getting a jumble stall and shifting the other bits. You get plenty of silly chancer offers (the sort I make) at shows but there are often people there who are serious and ready to buy. If you did it that way I'd say start by asking £2700 and let them negotiate!
Shame you have to let it go but good luck with the sale.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.