MORINI STRADA 1976

Anything to do with motorcyles
StradaIOW

MORINI STRADA 1976

Post by StradaIOW »

HI,

1. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME HOW LONG THE BREATHER TUBE SHOULD BE?

2. DOES ANYONE HAVE A NEW STEERING NUT M 42.08.19 THEY CAN SELL ME?

MANY THANKS
MickeyMoto

Re: MORINI STRADA 1976

Post by MickeyMoto »

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

As long as you have the labyrinth in place, I would route it as far back along the frame as it wil go, keeping it away from the rear tyre. Another option is to run it to a small receptacle to catch any oil mist.

Can't help with the steering nut, sorry.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I can't help with the steering nut either, sorry. As Micky says the labyrinth is the most important bit of it and the length is much less critical.
If you're not worried about 'originality' and you don't have a labyrinth to hand then a one way valve as used in various car breathers or a diesel system check valve is effective too, and run the pipe as far as you want it to the rear.
Originally the pipe ended up in the top corner of the left hand side panel, cable tied to the frame next to the tool box. The end was cut at an angle too, not squared off. The angle of that cut is critical of course :wink: and rivet counters will tear you to pieces if you get that wrong! -OOPS SORRY, WRONG CLUB!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
StradaIOW

Post by StradaIOW »

Many thanks, Mickey & Steve for your help and advice! This is my first ever Moto Morini.

I bought the '76 Strada from the reconstituted "Lusso Veloce", based on 'gallery pictures', due to Covid preventing a personal inspection. Won't do that again......! So far, I've had the 'Starter' Coil rewound and upgraded to 300Ω by West Country Windings, who are fast, friendly and spot on. I think my elec mate may have blown a Transducer during all the tests (?), so had to get a new (s/hand) one from Tremezzo (also great service) at c. £100. Most of the rest was cosmetic (my choice) and involved resprayed Tank + Panels, new Exhaust Pipes (MDN), re-covered Seat (R.K. Leighton), new Avon tyres (Vintage Tyres), new Stainless Spokes (Central Wheels), new Venhill Brake & Clutch cables (amazing improvement), new Hagon shocks and a fair bit of re-chroming. Amazing how easy it is to spend £2500. Apart from the starting issue, I loved my few pre-Lockdown rides, so looking forward to finishing it off and getting out there!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

That's better... ;)

Enjoy your bike.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hello StradaIoW
Welcome to Morini ownership.
Sorry cant help with the nut
Mdina don't have one? - sure its common Marzocchi part though.

Originally the pipe ended up in the top corner of the left hand side panel, cable tied to the frame next to the tool box. The end was cut at an angle too, not squared off. The angle of that cut is critical of course :wink: and rivet counters will tear you to pieces if you get that wrong! -OOPS SORRY, WRONG CLUB!
Oh no I forgot that cut, the shame, the shame :oops: :oops: :oops: Ah no one noticed and I won a shiny glass tankard at the rally!
Mark
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

mbmm350s wrote: 03 Apr 2021 22:57
Oh no I forgot that cut, the shame, the shame :oops: :oops: :oops: Ah no one noticed and I won a shiny glass tankard at the rally!
Mark
You've blown it now....
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.