Winter ride

Anything to do with motorcyles
MickeyMoto

Winter ride

Post by MickeyMoto »

So, a lovely day, no salt and time on my hands. What to do? Ah yes, a ride.

The roads may have no salt but there is a lot of mud, especially the side roads. The Sport managed it all, though.

Just about to leave the cafe and a Norton single appeared. 1961 and still looking good. A comment was made about all the plastic rockets tucked up for winter. No traffic, stunning scenery, but a low sun. Most enjoyable, thrashing the thing up hill and down dale at 60 mph. My new Viton crankshaft seal has worked, too. Fourth time lucky. I shan't be buying any more seal kits!

Apart from Corsaro Chris, anybody else ride their bikes in winter? It does need a good scrub, but that is for tomorrow.
RedVee

Re: Winter ride

Post by RedVee »

Everything I own is taxed & Mot'd where applicable and ridden all year. That ranges from a 1949 AJS single, via a 1977 Strada through to a 2021 Yamaha MT-03.
I had taken the Strada seat in for recovering yesterday so was out this morning on the MT-03. 8)
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Yes I ride to work all year, I have to now as I have sold all my vans and cars, so I only have the bikes left, I quite enjoy it.
Regards Pete.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Bikes taxed & insured. I’m now less enthusiastic but was out yesterday as it was dry with sunny spells. Roads are washed clean, so not too dirty. I did use the YBR 250 though as it has heated grips. :oops:
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Heated grips? Pure luxury, lad.
huub

Post by huub »

I ride the year round too,
But to be honest the moto guzzi's ( V65 lario and V75NTX) get all the winter miles.
my morini 350, bought in 1983 for winter use to avoid getting the norton commando dirty,
has since been restored and has turned into a nice weather ride..
daily transport is for the bikes , the car ( 1970 2CV ) is only used for shopping.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I'm glad some people still see a motorcycle as transport. I saw a junior transport minister in an interview stating that personal transport would be banned and only shared transport allowed. I hope motorcycles were excluded.
Ming

Post by Ming »

MickeyMoto wrote: 17 Dec 2021 07:00 Heated grips? Pure luxury, lad.
’Cos we’re worth it ... :lol: