What else got a solenoid-operated petcock?

Anything to do with motorcyles
CJN904T

What else got a solenoid-operated petcock?

Post by CJN904T »

My 3 1/2 had a solenoid petcock. Suspect Ethanol won't be kind to the 70s rubber, and mine went years back for a straight manual.
I've seen Jap vacuum-op petcocks. I seem to remember Le Mans 850s getting them - I may have that worng? Did anything else - including modern stuff - ever see a 12V solenoid a la Morini?
I'm in Dunstable - UK
morini_tom

Re: What else got a solenoid-operated petcock?

Post by morini_tom »

Some Guzzis of the era had the same Orlandi solenoid operated fuel tap.

The club is currently looking into getting new diaphragms manufactured, in a modern fuel proof rubber.

Watch this space (and please let me know if anyone reading this is interested in one so we can gauge demand)
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

CJN904T wrote: 08 Oct 2023 07:52 I seem to remember Le Mans 850s getting them - I may have that worng? Did anything else - including modern stuff - ever see a 12V solenoid a la Morini?
I've had several Guzzis and currently have a Mk 2 Le Mans. Always had manual taps. I think the Convert (Automatic) may have had a solenoid or vacuum tap as that was their technological tour de force at the time. That may have had something to do with a friend's one going up in flames back in the 80s.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

I would be interested in the diagrams for my tap.
Regards Pete.