Leather trousers

Anything to do with motorcyles
ringer

Leather trousers

Post by ringer »

I am looking to buy some leather trousers. Normally, I take size 34 or 36 inch waist trousers with a 34 leg.
What sort of fit should I be looking for with leather trousers for riding on my bike?
Should the waist be 'comfortable' i.e. 36in for me, or should it be 'snug' i.e. 34in.
Do leather trousers stretch with use, particularly around the waist?
Most leather trousers I have seen on ebay have 30 or 31 inch inside leg. Is this normal/standard?
Should I not worry too much about length because I'll be wearing boots with them?
Any advice would be much appreciated. I wouldn't want to spend that sort of money and then find out they won't fit.
Nick - 1979 500 Strada
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

My view is that unless you are a runner/cyclist/rower then your middle will likely not be the same shape as it was when you were 20. I latterly came to the conclusion that I needed to try leathers featuring more of a salopette design,with braces and got some from Hein Gericke as they were markedly reduced, one of my major criterea when considering parting with beer vouchers.The other advantage is when hunched over the Morini my lower back is covered thus not inflicting an unseemly view of my underwear to those behind me. They do not zip together with my jacket however.
My earlier trousers ,which still actually fit OK are perfectly servicable and once I get this winter fat off will come into there own again.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I should have added (instead of all the waffle) that if you want to ride with the trousers outside the boot then they need to be an inch or so over length to allow for them to ride up with wear.
And of course they need to be comfortable to walk about in.