Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Postby Dave54 » 22 May 2020 14:08

Morini reduced.JPG
my morini
Morini reduced.JPG (299.56 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Hello, I'm a new member based in Barnet, North London. I bought this 1981 Strada from Lusso Veloce in January. I went up there to look at a 1978 Strada but preferred the look of this one as it was completely original and just off the boat. I'm thinking of repainting the tank etc as the old cellulose paint is very faded.

I have been filling up with 97 octane fuel although this is 30% more expensive. Any thoughts on that.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys some time this year.

Regards,
David (Aged 66 1/4)
Dave54

Postby Steve Brown » 22 May 2020 15:15

Hope you enjoy the bike David and welcome to the MRC. About the fuel-I wouldn't bother. They don't need the extra octane and will run happily on really low grade stuff. In the days of leaded 4 and 5 star I used to run mine on 4 star. That just fouled the plugs with lead and shorted them out in a few thousand miles. So I switched to 2 star and the problem went away. The bike went just as well as it ever did too. :)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Steve Brown

Postby Vitesse » 22 May 2020 15:54

^^ What he said.

Even if you're worried about the lack of lead in duel you can't replace lead with octane! Unless you can find really expensive fuel with no ethanol I can't see the point.
Vitesse

Postby Dave54 » 23 May 2020 09:53

Thanks, I'll save some money then.
Dave54

Postby 3potjohn » 25 May 2020 17:35

Looks nice and comfortable. Yesterday for the first time I almost found my clip ons on my sport a bit ache inducing. I shall likely leave it be.As to fuel I have been known to use Shell V Power especially if on a long M5 ride ( seems to feature more than I’d like) but have no idea if it has any detectable benefit.
John
3potjohn

Previous

Return to Announcements