Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
Zed1

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by Zed1 »

hello , my names Paul and I've just got my 1st morini a 350 excaliber . its an Italian import that hasn't run for ages and while it needs lots doing , got a spark yesterday so there is light at the end of the tunnel :D
Ming

Post by Ming »

Hello Zed1, welcome to Morinis.
Some people don't like Excaliburs, but take no notice - they're all the same really. I find there are plenty of Excalibur spares on the continental ebays.
JonathanPoll

Post by JonathanPoll »

Hey all,

My name is Jonathan, I just turned 20 and recently acquired a Morini 500 v-twin!
I'm from the south of France, and I mainly collect old french sports mopeds. I have a car license, but whatever the weather, I always ride my 50cc 1963 Peugeot BB3SP! I've travelled 1500km in spain, climbing mountains (at a very slow pace!), great fun!
The plan with my morini, is to fix it up and use it as a daily rider!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Bienvenue!

Nice choice of bike.

Lots of help and advice here to keep the moto running.
lambs

Post by lambs »

I'm Steve from Australia. I recently bought a 1974 3 1/2 Sport, which has generated some discussion (I've been watching for awhile.....). I also own a number of 70's era Tonti Guzzi's....and some other things....well, I'm retired now so you have to have something to do in retirement :shock: :)
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (246.59 KiB) Viewed 21961 times
1974 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1972 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport
1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T3
1976 Moto Guzzi 750-S3 (owned since new)
1978 Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans Series 2
1983 BMW K100
1983 BMW K100RS

1974 260Z
1989 R32 GTR
texaskitty

Post by texaskitty »

Steve - welcome. Nice bike.
fatnfast

Post by fatnfast »

Hi all,
I'm just awaiting delivery of my very first Moroni 3 1/2 Sport. Always admired them and finally have a chance to own one.
I have been lurking for a few days, looks to be a great place for information,
Cheers!
Phil.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

This is indeed a great place for a bit of lurking! If anyone in the club can help, they always step forward & give their assistance without hesitation. Great bikes & very passionate owners! Welcome aboard & enjoy!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Or, if you haven't already, join the club! A wonderful magazine, local meetings, events, great people, and the discount on entry to the Cadwell track day alone will cover the cost of membership.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
birt

Post by birt »

New to the forum so forgive me if I make a mess of the IT side of things... I am a 58 year old Lanc living in Essex and own a 250 2c and now a non runner 350 Kangaru which I hope to use as an engine doner for the 250. I also run a 94 900 SS Ducati and a Lotus Elise, plus a Renault van and a non runner 72 Lotus Europa Twn cam. If anyone wants any kangaru specific bits FOC give me a shout, including a presumeably aftermarket Hagon monoshock.
Woolwich

Post by Woolwich »

Hi All,

I am Mark from Oxford. I thought it was time to say hello. I am in the middle of a ground up rebuild of a New York 501. I confess that the idea was to use the engine as a donor for a special but having got the thing stripped down I really fell for it and couldnt bring myself to break it. Maybe not the glamour or prestige of the earlier models but I think it will make a lovely useable bike in its own right.
I also own a Kanguro, which again has been stripped to its component parts and I am looking forward to starting work on as soon as the New York is out of the shed.
Cheers, Mark
Ming

Post by Ming »

Welcome, Mark. Well done for not breaking the New York, not only is it a rare variation, but I also like them (though I don't have one) - top marks on the Kanguro front, too.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

New York; probably one of the best of the air-cooled Vs (especially the 501) and one that Ing. Lambertini put a lot of effort in to in developing that lovely fat torque output as well. Probably the fastest production air-cooled Morini as well (so excluding NLMs' racer, etc...)

Enjoy!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Manda

Post by Manda »

Hi I am Manda, I live in Oxfordshire. I don't own a Morini or indeed any bike right now. But I have wanted a Morini 3 1/2 since the 1980s and I have decided that now is the time to pursue that dream, so I hope to be on the road by next year. I have joined to learn more before I purchase one. My husband is restoring a BSA A65 and we would like to take both on a trip to the Isle of Man!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Welcome Manda. A Morini 350 is an ideal bike for the IoM. Quick enough to enjoy the mountain but agile enough to explore the wonderful tiny back roads. I hope you find a suitable one soon.