Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
mbmm350s

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Barry,
Welcome to the forum.
Very very nice. 250 2C the best!
We have in our family a 250 2C since 1993, now its done 69K miles.
It needs a set of tyres. A search here seems to suggest Avon RoadRiders, or Bridgestone BT45.
Metzeler ME22 front 2.75x18 rear 3.25x18
Please please don't go larger it wont help. 250 2C works best with narrow tyres.
I was hoping to get a more original seat cover, which is why I was wondering if the 350 is the same size.
Different size to 350 . Original covers are available from Mdina Italia, however I am sure that is not the original seat, or it has been modified.

Original Grimeca master cylinder has mirror mount its M10x1.25

If you have the unbranded pattern black indicators (as sold by Gutsibits) then use a large o.d. washer (or mating nordlock/serrated style) to ensure its all clamped up or they rattle loose very quickly.

Mark
BarryCambs

Post by BarryCambs »

Hi Mark

Looking at Google images, I think you are right about the seat, as they do seem to have the hump at the back. The base and fitting looked right, so I think someone might have trimmed off the foam to fit a generic cover which is a bit of a pain.

I'll go with the Metzelers then. Don't worry about me trying oversize tyres - people have been trying to go down that route with the Guzzi's for years!

I got pattern indicators from Paddy Ducati and they look fine. I need to make up the stems and I see the originals have lock nuts on, so thanks for the heads up.

What ever happens, the side stand won't go in the bin. I'm guessing demand for the fairing will be a lot less though!
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Barry, if you decide you'd like to find a new home for the fairing and lowers please let me know. I'm interested in trying them out on one of my bikes especially as the days shorten and rain is prevalent. I live in the SE (near High Wycombe) and could probably come and collect them if you're in the Cambridge area. Do please keep any brackets, and if you happen to have photos of how the lowers were mounted then there's at least one more person who'd appreciate that info as they bought some lowers without any brackets and what to create some suitable brackets, etc.

PS: All the best with riding the 250 - it truly looks beautiful, I hope it rides as well.
BarryCambs

Post by BarryCambs »

I'm hoping to go over to see the bike again later in the week, so I'll take a camera and get some shots of the side stand and fairing mounts. We did take it off carefully and kept the mounting brackets. I know the lowers have some quite long spacers on the bottoms.

My friend rode it back, so I've not tried it yet. He owns a collection of classic bikes from 175cc to 1200 and loved it. I'm just excited to find something that isn't a complete wreck for once! It's showing a low mileage on the clock and that could be genuine and apart from possibly the seat, it appears unmolested. One of the reasons I wanted the fairing off was to try and keep it as original as possible and it seems a shame to cover the engine at all given it's such a different looking thing.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Hello Everyone, My name is Eddie and I currently live in the city of Coruña located in Northern Spain.
The Morini bug bit me about 2 years ago and ever since have been trying to get my project bike, a 1976 - 3 1/2 Sport, on the road.
Its been a love-hate relationship over this time, but I finally start to see a light at the end of the tunnel and hope to have her road worthy this Spring.
As I start final assembly, Ill be posting some pics just for fun.
What the world needs is more Horsepower and less Exhaust...
Sicxtyone

Post by Sicxtyone »

Hi Eddie, welcome to the forum. Good to hear of another 3/12 getting nearer the roads! Hope the final assembly goes smoothly, but any hiccups, someone on here will be along with the answer. The knowledge pool is amazing!
Graham.
1976- 350 Strada.
SzymonMT

Post by SzymonMT »

Hello, new user Szymon. I'm not experienced rider and i had only 50ccm and now Suzuki GS500 but i fall in love when i saw Moto Morini Scrambler. MY destination now is get one day bike like this :D Hello everyone :D

Are you looking for motorcycle windshield BMW R 1200 CL ? We are top producer of motorcycle accessories. We offer motorcycle windshields and wind deflectors. Our screens are made from best quality materials ! Motorcycle windshield will help you with air blast and will make your trip more comfortable ! Visit Motorcyclescreens.eu for dedicated, :) universal, :D high touring windshields :) , scooters screen, :D motorcycle wind deflectors for TRIUMPH<YAMAHA<HONDA< windshield BMW R 1200 CL <KTM< SUZUKI< DUCATI and more !!!
Last edited by SzymonMT on 20 Mar 2020 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Hello Szymon, hope you get your Scrambler before too long.
Bruce3500

Post by Bruce3500 »

Hi my name is Bruce and have been a member for a few years now, so I thought I best get into the 21st century and join the forum ( I am old school, not to good with tech),

I own a 31/2 sport purchased from WeeVee back in 1992, the only thing that has stayed through life's up and downs,
also own a 500 which needs an engine rebuild and recommission, I will get to it along with all the other projects,
and I come by a 350 strada as a spares source a few years back which I now also have plans for,

so just wanted to say hello to you all.
nicko

Post by nicko »

G'day Bruce.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Nice to see you Brucie.

Before we all get Monty Python on it, best say where you are from!! :D
Bruce3500

Post by Bruce3500 »

I be down on the south coast, East Sussex
Sicxtyone

Post by Sicxtyone »

Hi Bruce,
Welcome to the forum. Always good to hear from fellow club members down here in the south. I'm in Worthing so maybe nearish to you. I have a 1976 Strada on the road, well when this lock down business is over! Also a 500 sport currently disassembled awaiting work and a few others.
If you fancy a chat sometime give me a call 07866 521955.
Graham (sicxtyone).
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Bruce,
Welcome to the forum, I am in East Sussex, I have 500 and 125 H at the moment, also had quite a few Morini’s in the past.
There are quite a few of us in this area.
Regards Pete.
Duffin

Post by Duffin »

Hi, I’m Andy from the Essex/Suffolk border and currently ride a Corsaro 1200 which I traded my 1977 3 1/2 sport in for some twelve years ago. I also have a Ducati 851 which I’ve owned since 1992 and a Honda 400 superfour (my all weather bike) that simply refuses to die no matter how hard I thrash it. I love engines, mechanics and just keeping great cars or bikes on the road.