Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
kellytg

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by kellytg »

Hi all im am Domagoj i am from Tomislavgrad,Bosnia and Herzegovina
i have moto morini 350 x2 and moto morini 501 supermoto..project its allmost done... i will recive pictures
Nice too i am member of forum
"Riding a bike is an Art , something you do because feel something inside"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bikes:
Moto Morini 350 X2
Moto Morini 501 supermoto
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Welcome to our global family. I don't think we have had anyone from BiH before!
Cheers,
Dom in NZ
MRC 3082½
Redbeard

Post by Redbeard »

Hi,
My name is Bri, although because I have a red beard, most people call me Redbeard.
I live in south Wales, but am originally from Barrow in Furness.
Ive been riding bikes since I was 18 (1979) and currently have several bikes in need of some attention. The Morini I have is
a 350 Excalibur which was imported last year from Spain as a non runner, and currently needs two tyres, battery, oil change, carb clean and some tlc to get the old girl back on the road.
I love v twins, and Italian machinery, so I'm really looking forward to getting the bike sorted.
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Hi, Have recently joined the club after acquiring a 350 Kanguro, its a non-runner at the moment and has been standing for 12 years, apart from some light corrosion to the alloy etc its not in bad condition. Its not my first Morini, back in the late 80's was a club member and was running a 500 SEI-V bought from NLM. Based in South East Wales

Steve
JohnofDelph

Post by JohnofDelph »

Hi! My name is John Moulton and I live in Delph, Saddleworth (between Oldham and Huddersfield). I recently persuaded my friend Ralph Martin to sell me his 1975 Strada (I've been working on him for 10 years!). The bike is in 'oily rag' condition, but runs well. I want to try to keep it looking original rather than restore it, just keeping on top of maintenance hopefully. Are there any members in the North West these days?
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Hi John,

Welcome to Morini ownership!

I hope you find the club a useful source of information and friends.

The club member map contains approximate locations of our uk members (members can opt out) so you can see how many members live nearby. You'll see we have pretty good coverage across the UK, and The North West is no exception

The map can be found at the bottom of the page at the following link:

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/theclub/MRC.html
Tigerfox

Post by Tigerfox »

I have bought along with my brother Roger the 350 Strada that Marco64 had for sale earlier in the year.

We used to have a Strada in the 80s ad this one needs a lot of work and hopefully will have it running ad useable for the spring.

Nick Lovell
Butch

Post by Butch »

Hello folks - new boy signing in ...

I bought my first Morini just yesterday - it is a 500 cc Camel. Stuff I know so far:
Imported in 1999 and dated as an '81. It is a twin shock but with disc brake at the front.
Kick start only and with a 6 speed gearbox.
I have a whole lot of invoices for work done over the years, though no mention of any engine work.
It has around 25k KMs on the clock and I'd guess that is about right.
Came with some MOT but I'll probly not buy any tax until November. I'll want to go through it and also service before it goes far anyway.
It came with a photostat manual from NLM which has been an education already.

I'm a gentleman of more advanced years now, and I've been riding since I was 17 ... the day after Elvis died.
I have a number of motorcycles, several of which are V twins, and a couple of which are also Italian.
Thinking I might try some trail riding with this one. Maybe.

I'll post up more stoopid questions as they arise under the appropriate section.
Attachments
P1010235BC.jpg
P1010235BC.jpg (255.82 KiB) Viewed 21290 times
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Welcome Butch...fine machine you have there! I've asked many a dim witted question of the good folks of the Morini Club & have always received the best of help & encouragement. Ask away my friend..the only really stupid question is usually the one we never got to ask!

Cheers

Gary
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Advanced years? Pah! ;-)
Welcome. Searching the forum will answer many questions but don't hesitate to ask if you don't find exactly what you seek.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Butch wrote:Hello folks - new boy signing in ...

I bought my first Morini just yesterday - it is a 500 cc Camel. Stuff I know so far:
Imported in 1999 and dated as an '81. It is a twin shock but with disc brake at the front.
Kick start only and with a 6 speed gearbox.
I have a whole lot of invoices for work done over the years, though no mention of any engine work.
It has around 25k KMs on the clock and I'd guess that is about right.
Came with some MOT but I'll probly not buy any tax until November. I'll want to go through it and also service before it goes far anyway.
It came with a photostat manual from NLM which has been an education already.

I'm a gentleman of more advanced years now, and I've been riding since I was 17 ... the day after Elvis died.
I have a number of motorcycles, several of which are V twins, and a couple of which are also Italian.
Thinking I might try some trail riding with this one. Maybe.

I hope you do try some trail riding with the Camel-that is exactly what I plan to do with mine! My own is in the process of a refurb and is not very original either. Oh yes, you're not exactly 'old' round here either :wink: in fact the majority of motorcyclists are 50+ years old nowadays, which is a pretty sad thing. Still, if we all do a good job of looking after our Morinis then a younger generation may be able to take them on. My own Grandson has already told me which of my bikes he wants and which ones his sister can have! :D Hope your recommission goes well.

I'll post up more stoopid questions as they arise under the appropriate section.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Tanshanomi

Post by Tanshanomi »

I'm Pete, from Kansas City, Missouri USA.
I've been lurking for years, but never registered since I am not an owner. Finally signed up a couple of months ago. I've had a place in my heart reserved for Lambertini's v-twins since I first read a review of the 500 Sport in the October 1980 issue of Rider magazine (below). I was 17 and had only been riding motorcycles a few months. I thought it was the most beautiful motorcycle I'd ever seen, and I still think that 36 years later.

I've decided to get serious about adding a Morini to my stable. In addition to the Sports, I am a huge fan of the 250 2C, and even the 501 New York, even though a cruiser is not what I think of when I imagine a Morini in my head. Unfortunately, being in North America is a distinct disadvantage. I am very jealous of the amount of bikes and spares that seem to be available in England and continental Europe; they're pretty thin on the ground here, especially where I am in the central states.
Ebay-RiderOct1980.jpg
Ebay-RiderOct1980.jpg (78.17 KiB) Viewed 21132 times
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Welcome Pete.

Good to have a Morini fan from the States. This forum's a great resource. The depth of knowledge is second to none & the sheer enthusiasm for the marque means that everyone is very supportive of each others passion & so helpful in helping each other out. It's also a great time to buy Morini parts here in the U,K given the exchange rate.

Best regards

Gary (500 Sport & Corsaro 1200).
Cruising-Blue

Post by Cruising-Blue »

Hi all, I've been riding bikes since 1977 and I've owned my 1974 Sport since 1999. I'm based in West Sussex and hope to be able to meet-up with fellow enthusiasts. Clive
0001_MRC_CB.JPG
0001_MRC_CB.JPG (239.9 KiB) Viewed 20950 times
Last edited by Cruising-Blue on 30 Nov 2016 19:36, edited 2 times in total.
'74 Sport
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Welcome Clive! The club's a friendly & very useful resource. I'm sure you'll enjoy your membership!

Cheers,

Gary.