Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
MarkB

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by MarkB »

Morning Steve

I hope you enjoy the Corsaro - I can't imagine that you won't! At the Northern Home Counties meetings (which happen when there's a bit more light in the evenings) we've had visitors from Norfolk, so it's a good excuse for a ride from Ipswich...

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Archie Adv wrote:Daddy, I can hardly bitch about my brother in law..... he didn't do much to it in all the time he had it.... It sat in a garage and got covered in dust and sawdust. Only item that was seized was the front brake master cylinder.. :D
Haha, you're very lucky then. His biggest crime then was ignoring it, as you will ultimately find out.
:-)
MRC 3082½
Marco64

Post by Marco64 »

Hi,
Thank you for the add.
I'm italian but live in London since many years.
I have imported a Strada and now I have a better condition Sport on the way, again from Italy... I hope to get one on the road soon with a large amount of spares from NLM!

The engine design and looks on its own is getting me quite excited - I can't wait to actually ride the legendary chassis.

Both bikes are 1981-82 with twin disks at the front, not the more sought after spoke wheels era models. I am debating if I want to modify seat, rear cowling etc, or keep them standard... Apart from the necessary Tarozzi rear sets...

Will keep you posted!

Marco
Last edited by Marco64 on 22 Mar 2016 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nath in Oz

Post by Nath in Oz »

Hi Everybody :-)

Nathan is Perth Western Australia, long time Benelli tornado and tnt owners, and been dead keen on a MM Corsaro ever since they came out. Rare in Australia, more so as there is no current importer. Hopefully if my Victory Judge sells soon I can potentially purchase a low km's second hand Veloce and become a proper member.

Look forward to reading through the forum and educating myself with pro's and cons of ownership. :-)
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

:roll: am not new, but I come late are Giuliano (giumorin) and I write from the Brianza area in Monza Italy and here we also introduce the latest addition to after a long preparation Excalibur 350 RLX is now on the road :arrow:
ImageIo Excalibur by Giumorin-Giuliano Colzani, su Flickr
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

giumorin wrote: am not new
Hi Giuliano
none of us are that new on this site :shock:
You've got some great pics on your Flickr - I particularly like the one of the four red Morinis [3 sport and 1 strada?] - very neat... I don't think I've ever seen that many all in one place :oops:
Rob
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Giuliano, good to see you here as well as on Facebook!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

:D nice picture but only three are mine the Tourism with the drum is a friend who has just restored is very rare to see four Morini together :roll:
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

giumorin wrote:nice picture but only three are mine
Wow, how many Morinis have you got?! :shock:

Post by Geoff Barnett »

Hello, I am a new member of the MRC.

I look forward to meeting fellow members.

I also look forward to riding my recently acquired 501 camel - that is once I have assembled it.

Presently the 501 is in bits, big lumps thankfully (engine, frame, carbs, wheels - you get the picture). She's been off the road for many years.

I am an utter Morini novice.

I have never even ridden a Morini before.

My background is mainly in old BMW airheads, which I perversely ride offroad (greenlaning and offroad rallies).

My plan is to reassemble the 501 into a greenlaner. It is highly unlikely that she will be restored to concours condition. However, I certainly wont be butchering or making irreversible changes to this rare and lovely motorcycle.

I know a lot about old BMW twins but I know next to nothing about Morinis, hence this is the start of a long learning curve for me.

Therefore, please bear with me, I will be asking the forum and/or the technical guru for a lot of advice.

Perhaps, someone can assist with my first basic question...

The kickstart descends and returns smartly but it doesn't appear to engage with moving the pistons - any idea what the likely fault is here?

Many thanks,

Geoff Barnett
Keyham,
Leicestershire.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

One very simple thing, Morinis do not have primary kick, ie the kickstart goes through the gearbox so you cannot just pull in the clutch and kick when you stall at the lights because the crank is then not connected to the kickstart. Bike needs to be in neutral to be kickstarted.
David
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Geoff,

Welcome. Do you need an exhaust? I have a stainless system available.

Mike.
Geoff Barnett

Post by Geoff Barnett »

PM sent.
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Hi Geoff,
Some friends of friends of mine live in Keyham. Been to a few gatherings there etc. Really lovely place. I'm only 15 mins from there in Clarendon Park. Can't offer any help with the older Morinis having a modern one myself but I'll be in touch if I'm heading over to North Leicester in future. Might be able to save you a trip.
Happy riding
Jim.
mikeybizzle

Post by mikeybizzle »

Hello just joined and hoping for a little information regarding my recently bought 3.5 sport . Lots of work to do on the bodywork and electrics . I do love sorting out bikes . I have 4 Guzzis , 2 singles and 2 twins plus a Matchless single .
Mike