Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
pedro

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by pedro »

Welcome indeed Christian, I shared B&B with you the night before Cadwell, we met at breakfast. I loved your 350 racer, it was very impressive as was your rider.
Hopefully we might meet again in 2016.
Pete
123morini

Post by 123morini »

Hi Pete ,

I remember well that we met at the B&B . It was nice for us to be there . Concerning the next year if we have time and still alive we will come one again at Cadwell .

Christian .
123morini

Post by 123morini »

Hi ,

As I like Triumph and Morini here is a project for this winter .
IMG_5682.JPG
IMG_5682.JPG (107.11 KiB) Viewed 22798 times
IMG_5680.JPG
IMG_5680.JPG (181.31 KiB) Viewed 22798 times
Christian .
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

123morini wrote:Hi ,

As I like Triumph and Morini here is a project for this winter .
IMG_5682.JPG
IMG_5680.JPG
Christian .
Now that looks interesting! Keep us informed how it progresses please. I'm interested as I have a Camel rolling chassis with no engine, and as 500 engines seem a bit thin on the ground I toyed with the idea of a 500 unit Triumph too. Will the chain side be easy to fix with the swingarm upside down and brackets re-positioned etc? I'd really like to know!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
miguel

Post by miguel »

Hi guys,

I have already posted a hello in the Granpasso section but thought I would come and say hight to the wider group.

New owner of a 2008 MM GP....and very happy I am!

Regards,

Miguel
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Miguel, and glad that you found your GP quickly!

You're practically neighbours of ours (well, Warwickshire to Berkshire isn't too far) and so I'm sure that we'll meet up sometime this year, especially with a couple of other new GP owners also threatening a get together. We managed 4 together back in 2010 down at a Poole Quay Bike night, so meeting up somewhere around Oxford is possibly on the cards? If not there the MRC AGM (much more than a formal meeting) is on May 14th near Hitchen, and before that, in April we'll be at the Bristol Italian Auto Day. Hopefully it'll have stopped raining by then...

Good riding for 2016

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
miguel

Post by miguel »

Hi Chris,

A meet in Oxford sounds good to me. I will keep my eyes peeled for any events/meets in that direction.

The Bristol Italian day and MRC AGM are both now in the diary.
Steliono

Post by Steliono »

Hi!

I'm Stelios from Crete, an island of Greece.

I resently bought a Red/Silver Corsaro 1200.

There aren't many corsaro in my country so its dificult tο discuss or whatever with people with the same model and same tastes.

So I'm here to find Morinisti and shere eachother the same passion love and knowlege.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Kalosìrthes!
Hope you enjoy our international family :-) If you get to the mainland, you will find plenty of European Morinisti to meet up with.
DD
MRC 3082½
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

Steliono wrote:Hi!

I'm Stelios from Crete, an island of Greece.

I resently bought a Red/Silver Corsaro 1200.

There aren't many corsaro in my country so its dificult tο discuss or whatever with people with the same model and same tastes.

So I'm here to find Morinisti and shere eachother the same passion love and knowlege.
Hi Stelios
I was in Crete during July for two weeks. Wonderful place. Not a cloud in the sky - we hired a little Jymny and did 500 km off the main roads, barely saw any traffic, and I thought then what a lovely place to have a motorbike. The only downside must be when stationery at traffic lights in the baking sun!!
Welcome to the forum.
All the best
Rob

Post by miguel »

Hi Stelios,

I have been praying for the sun nut so far its only been out when I have been in work and the temperature has not gone higher than 10 Deg C...a bit too cold for me so I am very jealous!!!
Archie Adv

Re: NOOBY

Post by Archie Adv »

Hi All,
Well after knowing of Morini Strada 3 1/2 since 1995 I finally managed to get my brother in law to part with it as he hasn't touched it since circa 83 except on my prompting to see if we could get it to run and it did briefly. So last Monday on my 63rd birthday I finally persuaded him with some cash and I became the owner.

So I now have started to check it out and strip it to clean and repair/replace before I send the frame off for a new powder coating to make it look nicer that it does currently. I'm sure i will have lots of questions and a few trips to NLC who are not too far away from me to seek advice and parts.

As for me; well I have been a biker since about the age of ten riding bikes in local farmers fields in Scotland. Suffice to say I've had a few over the years. Mainly off road enduro type bikes including KTM 640Adv, Suzi DRZ400S, Beemer's, R100 GSPD, R800GS, 1150 Adv, Africa Twin, Trans Alp, Blackbird, Yamaha 660, Tenere, Yamaha Super Ten. I really must create a list for future needs. I raced in Club & British Championship enduros, trialled on Fantics, Beamish Suzuki, Armstrongs. I've completed the Heroes Legend, Paris to Dakar in 2008 aged 55. I've ridden bikes in the depths of the jungle of Borneo... All in all I enjoy bikes and working with them.

I'll stop now as I have no wish to bore you all to death. I look forward to your wisdom and some good craic as and when.

Oh, I'll try and upload some pictures in due course.

Regards
Archie
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Hi Archie, welcome along. Good score, but you realise of course that you can't be too bitchy about the previous owner's bodges?
Cheers,
DD
MRC 3082½
Archie Adv

Post by Archie Adv »

Daddy, I can hardly bitch about my brother in law..... he didn't do much to it in all the time he had it.... It sat in a garage and got covered in dust and sawdust. Only item that was seized was the front brake master cylinder.. :D
Stevie67

Post by Stevie67 »

Morning all.

I'm Steve from Ipswich and I bought a 56 plate Corsaro 1200 from a previous member on here who was based on the Norfolk coast. I love the sound of my Corsaro with its twin Termi's on and it's totally different to ride from the Bonneville I had before. If there are any meet-ups this year in the South East hopefully I'll be able to get there and meet some of you guys.

Steve