Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
Greybeard

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by Greybeard »

It would be good to meet up with yourself and MM once the weather improves. I intend putting the threeanarf on the road at the beginning of April. Hopefully the salt will have gone by then and Mrs GB will have got back into the swing of riding again after many years off it. The Morini was bought for her as its small enough for her to reach the ground :D
I was at Fimber yesteday. Sunny and dry but bitterly cold even with the benefit of a R100RT fairing and a pair of horizontal boot warmers. We didnt sit around for too long :wink:
I doubt if anyone will be there tomorrow given the forecast!

Steve

PS regularly riding an assortment of old Brit iron, a left gear change is the one I have to think about most. How Ill get on with the Morinis up for up shift remains to be seen - and there's 6 of the buggers to cope with :shock:
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I'll arrange a meet up in April. Watch Morini Events for details...
bizzywizzy

Post by bizzywizzy »

Just a quick introduction. I have just bought a 1978 350 Sport that may well have been a Strada. She has spent a few years off road and I am working my way through recommissioning. Carbs have been stripped, ultrasonically cleaned and reassembled with new o-rings and gaskets. That got her running, if somewhat roughly, new battery and dual cable throttle to be added next. Then I'll be trying to balance the carbs.

I am 54 year old Vicar, returning to bikes after selling my Triumph Daytona 675 in 2011 while living in the USA. I live in Cobham, Surrey. Any other members nearby?

Mike
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum and to Morini ownership!

There are a number of Morini Riders Club members in the Reading area, and one long standing member in West Surrey.
There's a club meet of the Corsaro section (all Morinis welcome) as well down near Alton.

Original Sport engines had 'S' stamped on the crankcases at the base of the front cylinder barrel on the right hand side,
but it doesn't really matter so long as it runs well and gets used!

Mark
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Welcome to the club and to the forum Mike!

There are quite a few morini club members in the south east. On the website is a map showing approximate locations of all our UK members- so you can see how many are nearby!

Because of data protection we can’t share member contact details but we can help to put you in touch with local members if you need.

The interactive member map is at the bottom of the below page
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/theclub/MRC.html

Or below is a quick image of the southeast so you can see without even having to leave the forum!
Attachments
03D4A208-AE98-419E-BF2D-D05E5B810B2D.png
03D4A208-AE98-419E-BF2D-D05E5B810B2D.png (1.95 MiB) Viewed 12728 times
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Welcome Mike. When you're recomissioning the bike, don't forget to replace the cambelt - it's only a 20 minute job.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
BarryCambs

Post by BarryCambs »

Hi All

Barry here in Cambridge. I'm a long-term Guzzi owner but a 1981 Morini 250 which I know little about has come into my possession! It's in good condition and just a few little jobs need doing to bring it up to standard. It's got the look of a bike that's always been looked after, which make a pleasant change. It's got a pretty mediocre seat cover I'd like to replace, so I'm hoping these are the same size as the 350?
f.jpg
f.jpg (117.46 KiB) Viewed 12110 times
I wasn't keen on the fairing and the lower panels were kind of hiding the nice looking engine, so they have come off.

Barry
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Barry, welcome to the world of Morini’s. Nice looking bike, I cannot help much about the seat as I have no knowledge of the 250 bikes, do like the look of them.
Regards Pete.
davel182

Post by davel182 »

Hi Barry

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike. Can you tell me anything about the 'prop' stand - I'd like to get one for my 250 single? Maybe post a close-up picture?

Dave
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

That's not a side stand, that's an RSJ! Looking for the fabricators having their lunch sitting on it!
Ming

Post by Ming »

Welcome to the forum. I have a 250 too, though it's still 'under reconstruction'. The seat, like the rest of the bike, was a little worn, so I used a seat cover from Aliexpress, less than a fiver all in I now have one on nearly all my bikes. Like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000124 ... b201603_52
On the question of the sidestand, I've made one from a modified moped sidestand which attaches to the silencer fixing points. Like this https://www.la-becanerie.com/cyclo/part ... omee1.html
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Welcome (from a relative newby myself). Don't the 250s have any sidestand option as standard? That is a beast though!
BarryCambs

Post by BarryCambs »

I didn't take much notice of the side stand, but I'm not sure it's staying on. The Bike is at a friends at the moment, so I'll get some proper photos when I go over. The previous owner was in his 70s, so it could have been added when the centre stand became a bit much. I don't know if they had one as standard?? This looks to have been engineered as a one off, but it's quite a piece of work!

I was hoping to get a more original seat cover, which is why I was wondering if the 350 is the same size.

Taking the fairing off meant it lost the front indicators, but I've managed to source these. It also threw up a slight problem in that the master cylinder didn't have a mount for the wing mirror. It was a Grimeca with an oblong reserviour but I wonder if it was for a trials machine. A replacement is on its way with a round top. The wiring isn't bad, but needs a bit of a tidy up. Other than that, just a really good engine service needed and it looks as though Mdina Italia is the place to go for gaskets, timing belt etc.

It needs a set of tyres. A search here seems to suggest Avon RoadRiders, or Bridgestone BT45.

Barry
Ming

Post by Ming »

Timing belts are freely available (and much cheaper) from your local bearing factor, or the internet.
davel182

Post by davel182 »

If you end up with the stand surplus to requirements, I would be interested in buying it.