Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
devillismo

Post by devillismo »

Hello there, MM fellows! I'm Ismo from Turku, Finland. I live nowadays by myself, so I can go for a ride whenever I feel like it... I'm 37 years old and my red Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 is my third bike. And the best! First I had Indian built Royal Enfield Bullet 500, then Hyosung Comet 650 GT. Bothof these bikes gave me a lot of good time, but have to say Corsaro beats them easily.

Cheers and enjoy the summer!
ei mitn
Auriga

Introduce yourself!

Post by Auriga »

Hi All,

my name is Valter, am 36y old Italian and proud owner of a blacksilver Corsaro 1200.
while browsing the net for MM forums I've found also yours and wanted to enrol, mostly to get a bit of int.nl friends with whom share my passion for riding, and for riding THIS bike.

Besides M-Bikes my other hobby is for music, in particular progressive rock and metal, curiosly matched to hifi stuff.

well, bye for now, Auriga
carpe diem!
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D Hello, i'm OBELIX from France, i'm registred now here because i didn't find a forum in France dedicated to MORINI motorbikes.
I hope to find some answers to some questions i will have in the future...about my new Corsaro 1200.
She's waiting for me in dealer warehouse (he's on holiday)..
I'm 45 years old , my last motorbike was a SUZUKI TL1000S...
:)
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

Hi all,

I'm Howard from Ashford, Kent in the UK. I tested a Corsaro on Saturday and put my deposit down on the bike yesterday - which is Red Dog Motorcycles demonstrator. Hopefully picking it up this week.

Previous bikes: KTM Superduke, Suzuki GSXR1000K3, KTM Duke II, KTM 950 Adventure, aprilia RS250, Honda Super Blackbird, aprilia RSV Mille, Honda Hornet 600, Yamaha FZR1100Exup.

Fell in love with the corsaro when I rode it - it was just fantastic. Found this club and thought I'd join. Will let you all know how it goes when I pick the bike up.
motoboy

Re: Hello to fellow Morini lovers

Post by motoboy »

Hello to everyone,
I have just signed up as a member so I thought I had better introduce myself.

My name is Graham and I live in Spain near Javea (Alicante). I have lived here for just three months and I am in the process of starting a business importing Kevlar lined Jeanswear. In fact I am housebound today waiting for a call from customs concerning my latest delivery, hence the reason I found you guys.

Anyway I have owned Morinis for about 12 years now I currently have 5 including a Valentini Sport and a Valentini Kanguro which is sitting outside in the sun, the rest are currently in storage.

The Kanguro thinks it's gone to Morini Heaven, as the roads out here are stunning. I went for a ride yesterday for about 50 miles and saw about 12 cars once off the main road. Mountains and sea what a combination.

So that a very brief history of me, hope to hear from fellow Morini nuts.

Regards to you all

Graham Brown
Quasar

Hello

Post by Quasar »

Hi all,

As a new member I thought I should introduce myself.

I had a couple of 3 1/2 Sports many years ago - one a very sweet, more or less standard version and the other a Benjy Straw 3 3/4 special. Being young and stupid at the time, I ended up selling them in the pursuit of "more cubes" and have regretted it regularly ever since.

In 2002 I bought a Buell XB9R, on the basis that it was as close as I could get to a large capacity Morini. Then the Corsaro was released.

I've spent the last year trying to simply say "no" to myself, but that Morini itch just won't go away. I'm off to Three Cross on Saturday for a look, but the outcome is pretty much inevitable, sooner or later.

I do, however have two questions: do you know whether there are any plans for the factory to produce a 1/2 faired version (or does anyone make an after market fairing) and / or has anyone fitted clip-ons to a Corsaro? It would be just my luck to buy an unfaired one now, only for a 1/2 or fully faired version to come out for next year.

Thanks,

Quasar (aka Dave)
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Well here we go!! I am the proud owner of a 3 1/2 Strada - and have been for 23 years hence the 666, my MRC number. Used to live in SE London but am now in Ashford, Kent. When in London I used to go to the SE meetings at the Swan in Crayford - good London Pride too - and recall many evenings of banter with AWF, Benjy, Rob K and VStB. Shame the place was knocked down for one of those stupid little retail shed parks.
The 3 1/2 has gallantly carried me to numerous Morini rallys in Germany and Scotland. I even managed to get to Cadwell many years back!!
I have just acquired a 501 Coguaro that was on eBay so any info that may be floating about would be gratefully received.

John.
mikeT

Post by mikeT »

Hello. I'm Mike. I've been riding bikes since 1959, currently running a Kawasaki GPZ500S and a Morini 350 Strada. May be looking to swap the Strada for a 500 or a K2 soon.

Anyone else live near Cardigan?
3narf

Hello

Post by 3narf »

I live in the Derbyshire Peak District, and I have a '76 wire-wheeled Sport. I used to ride it all the time, but I've been working in London for three years so it's on the bench. It's rebuilt & only needs a back tyre and a battery, so it's ready to go if I ever get a job near home.

It'll mainly be used for commuting as I have two babies & can't really justify getting too involved, but it'd be nice if I could make it to Cadwell again some time...
artemis

Post by artemis »

Hello to everybody,
I'm a "young" italian guy (40 years old :lol: ) owner of a couple 72° vtwin.
Both of them are racers bike; one is a 3 & 1/2 sport for classic endurance race and the second is a 506 engine in the RGV frame, but the work is still in progress...
Congratulation for the club, find a so deep interest for the small italian twin outside Italy is a litle bit suprising for me, but it is very nice....
I add a picture of the endurance racer and will show the "big" roadracer asap....

gb's

Post by gb's »

Hi all.

Just joined the forum so here's a bit about me.

Have owned a 3 1/2 sport since 1995 but over recent years it has become very much my occasional days only second bike until eventually it became my SORNed 2nd bike.
Until last week since when it has been MOT'd and has done a couple of hundred miles around derbyshire.
I now faithfully promise to use it more :D
Bike itself runs "OK" could do with a cosmetic job (which it will probably never get) and will benefit I'm sure from more regular use.
[/img]
Graham
thorkill the tall

Post by thorkill the tall »

Ow do.
A MRC member fo 25 years, but I've only just found this forum :oops:

Still got the same Morini, although it's languishing at the back of the garage these days. I was lured away from the true faith, firstly by a Nordwest and more recently by a Buell X1.

Just to show you all what a right smart-arse I am, this is not a S1 - it's a rather nice M2, with what looks like a set of XB forks, XB wheels and possibly a Penske shock.

Refering to a M2 as a S1 is a bit like calling a Strada a Sport :P

Nice to see at least one other Buell owner on this site (hello Coxey) and perhaps the old guard would be interested to know that Pete Mumford is alive and well and riding a XB...
crc

Post by crc »

Hi, Im from New Zealand, 41 years old, welder, and have been into Morinis for a few years now, had 4 of them, still got 3 , a '78 3 1/2 strada with lots of sport bits, a 3 1/2 race bike project and a '82 350x Kanguro. Im into Guzzis as well.
Good to find a Morini forum, cheers.
Andrew Essex

Post by Andrew Essex »

Hi folks, just got my Sport back on the road after a few years as an ornament in the garage; getting to grips with changing gear with the other foot and generaly enjoying the machine again.
lavrgs

Introducction

Post by lavrgs »

I am a new Morini owner - 1956 175 Gran Turismo. I know very little about this bike at this point - not even sure about the model. I will need a manual and haven't searched the Morini sites yet.
I'm from Tualatin Oregon - near Portland. My main bikes are Laverdas but I got the Morini becausre it eligible for the Giro d'Italia and more importantly (or likely) the giro d'California. So for now it is time to clean up and get it running - although it is a "runner" I will need to get the battery charged and clean the carbs, change to oil etc.

Cheers,

Bill