Moto Morini go into voluntary liquidation

Club matters
unbelievable

Re: Moto Morini go into voluntary liquidation

Post by unbelievable »

twisty wrote: Despite all this, Moto Morini is still actively looking for a potential buyer, and its operating sales, technical assistance and post-sales, as well as spare parts departments remain fully-functioning.

Source: MCN & Motoblog.it
I had an accident on April the 29th. I still haven't got my bike back due to waiting for parts. It was delivered back to me on Monday with gold bars (they should be black). After a call to Chris at 3X Importers (who source all parts for bike shops to make repairs) I was told that they couldn't get black ones and gold was all that was sent through. I am now having the bars powder coated :shock: by the bike shop. My advice, don't have an accident.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Twisty,

I think that was an old blog as the process is further on now.
The company is finished however the brand could well be owned by the family along with the site.
The site is large and it is possible that funds could be raised from its redevelopment and a smaller site purchased which would be fit for purpose. This story as some way to go, new chapter may be but not the end of the book. Lets hope there is a future because I for one like my Morini and believe that the brand has more to offer.

Paul
toggy

Post by toggy »

Latest news i could find as of 25/09/10 Translated
Moto Morini: Prolonged stay until mid-October
Moto Morini, always in the financial turmoil has been granted an additional period by the tribunal of Bologna to find a potential purchaser. Alfonso Morini descendants still retain hope of ultimate rebound, like resellers brand.
Moto Morini, the developments follow... and look alike! Since last winter, Italian manufacturer is experiencing a difficult password, which culminated in a Trusteeship State power. Compelled to find a transferee that absorb the debts of the mother House of and provide sufficient funds to establish a plan of reminder, Moto Morini continues to seek a positive outcome. Potential transferee which a certain Paolo Berlusconi succeeded without success. New hope is expected for mid-October, the date of decision of the Court of Bologna to the filing of a new purchaser does not wish to reveal his identity. Pending, French resellers continue to hope and to sustain the brand. Fox bike and Helit motorcycles always receive ordered parts. Even better: a passionate customer travelled to Italy to see what it was. The size of the plant is reduced, but all services work... The hope is live. The fair of Milan will be can be an opportunity to learn good news.

http://www.moto-station.com/article9469 ... ctobre.htm
toggy

Re:latest news

Post by toggy »

Latest news
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.a ... igliamento
Engish translation
Update on the failure of Moto Morini. As you may recall the practioner of Moto Morini Spa had offered for sale the Accessories clothing and in company stock of Casalecchio di Reno.

The exercise is provisionally failure of Moto Morini is progressing successfully, to the point that the liquidator is taking action to extend it for another three months and then until 31 March 2011. Until today, in fact, good cash selling clothing, accessories and spare parts and even in November were put into production a Strider twenty that went literally steals.

Different customers remained a dry mouth in sale of July were contacted and joined the facilitated purchase of Strider. Were also produced some Strider in special version with yellow frame and cover a request (sold to 8000 euros VAT included) who have had an unhoped-for success. Couldn't that be so since the "pieces" of an extraordinary motorcycle in all respects.

The situation on the front of buyers is still stalled. Having not yet on the horizon, no concrete buyer the trustee in bankruptcy is checking the possibilities to extend the provisional exercise and make cash for creditors putting into production other bikes including: Strider, Scrambler and probably some 9½. Let us hope that under the tree, the House of Casalecchio di Reno find a new buyer.
Red S

Post by Red S »

A cut and paste from autoevolution.com

Things are beginning to take shape in respects to Moto Morini’s future, the Italian motorcycle brand that nearly succumbed last year. The Italian brand was put up for auction, and it has finally been sold. This after months of uncertainty, broken negotiations and concern that it would close forever.

The Moto Morini brand has been bought by Eagle Bike, a newly formed ompany that is run by two Italian entrepreneurs, Sandro Capotosti and Ruggeromassimo Jannuzzelli. However, we don't know who is really behind this company, which, as far as we can tell, could come from China or even the Middle East.

Eagle Bike have paid EUR1.96 million for the Morini brand name, IP and other assets, but not the actual real estate of the company. We still have to wait and see if any production continues, or what exactly will be done with the Morini name. But given that the new Eagle Bike motorcycle company hasn’t bought the former manufacturing premises anything could happen.

“The plan of the purchasing group is to relaunch the prestigious Italian brand Moto Morini, which has more than 80 years of history, and which has created motorbikes that have represented the dreams of entire generations: from useful daily transport in the post-war years, to the legendary competition bikes and the production, competition-derived series models,” the company statement reads.

“In the course of its history, the brand has won worldwide recognition from purists and fans, and with passion and a focus on quality, Eagle Bike is aiming at relaunching the motorcycle production an in innovative way, on both the Italian and international markets.”
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

This from the 3X Morini web site. Whilst it doesn't give any further clarity on the excellent summary above, it does show the importers continued interest and engagement with Morini. Milan this November could be an interesting trip...

http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.co.uk/ ... uptcy.html

By the way "restarting production in an innovative way" is an intriguing statement; will the Morini of the future be made virtually, with no one manufacturing base, but assembled by the dealer from a kit of parts to order? No stock to speak of, no issues of quality or assembly (sue your dealer, not the manufacturer), no issues of exchange rates over labour (a big part of assembly costs) and very little capital tied up in the holding company.

Interesting times,

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"