Track Day 2010

Club matters
povalinho

Track Day 2010

Post by povalinho »

Any news on the date of the track day for 2010?
morini_tom

Re: Track Day 2010

Post by morini_tom »

I like it. The country is gripped (poor choice of word I know) by snowfall and already somebody is thinking about trackday!!!

Provisionally Cadwell is Thursday 2nd September.

Bring on the spring...
povalinho

Post by povalinho »

Cheers for that. The reason I'm keen to know the date so early is that last year I'd already booked to go to the big classic bike event at Spa so couldn't do the track day, although I did call by on the way to the ferry. I'm also sick of the weather and planning 2010 relieves the pain. Thanks again.
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

morini_tom wrote:

Provisionally Cadwell is Thursday 2nd September.
Can you tell me more???? is it Morini's only or is it an Italian day>
Corsaro Veloce
Aprilia TuonoV4 APRC
4V 500 Weslake Barber grass tracker
2V 500 Jawa Hagon grasstracker
500 Jap 4B Barber grasstracker
500 Jap 5stud jawa speedway
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

The morini Club run a trackday at Cadwell park every year. They have done so for the last 25 or so years and as such it is probably the longest running club trackday. It's certainnly the most laid back and friendly.

The trackday is open to Morini Club members and guests. There is no restriction on the bikes (obviously we prefer to see morinis and bikes of a similar ethos) and we've had everything from Vincents to modern race bikes there. We have to scrutineer every bike to make sure it's safe and Cadwell will noise test bikes (110dB I think).

The day operates on a 3 group basis- Morini only and then 2 sessions for any bike (an intermediate group and a rapid group) Each group gets roughly 20 minute sessions, rotated throughout the day with a break at lunchtime. I tend to get in somewhere around 100 track miles, and that's not going out in every possible session- You'll get more track time than your body can cope with...

Price varies depending on whether you are a member or not, whether you are riding a morini and whether you are booking in advance but whichever way it is very good value. I don't think we've confirmed a price for 2010 yet but it's normally around the £120 mark.

Come along- It's a great day
povalinho

Post by povalinho »

The last track day I did at Cadwell the noise limit was 105db.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I am sure it is 105 Db but that has never been a problem before.
When we say guests that means anyone that asks or applies as it is our assumption that those who find out will have been given an entry form by one of us and so will be likly to fit in anyway.
I've been running the day for more years than I care to remember and the intention is that everyone has as much fun as possible in safety, and then rides home. I put people in groups as I see fit to make sure that people can ride with friends and those who they feel confident with, and I am pretty sure I know or recognise well over half of the people who come back year after year, which makes this very easy for me, so it is especially good for those who have never been on a track day before.
We have and encourage as wide a variety of bikes as possible, and I like to see the slowest bikes we can find out there, having said that there are usually the odd R1 and 'Blade for us to chase and embarass through the Gooseneck.
Not sure on cost yet as we made a loss last year so we might need to reconsider, but it is a really relaxed day with more time than you can use as Tom says.
David