Latest factory news

Club matters
MickeyMoto

Re: Latest factory news

Post by MickeyMoto »

Maybe the time for the economical, low emission motorcycle is here again for all round use including communting?

Aren't KTM and Triumph producing 350s and there appears to be a few 250s around again?

Bring back the 31/2 and 500!
sweden

Post by sweden »

A copy from a italianforum written by one of the new morini factory owner. :D

regards henrik

Hello everyone,
sorry for the delay in responding but I did a flight with a super scooter competition and are still run-down, if I was on my GP as I was going to happen anything!
I have addressed the requests and I hope to answer in a comprehensive manner.
Producing all the bikes you have imagined will succeed with some difficulty but we all!
Seriously, calm down everyone, Strider models, Corsair and Scrambler will continue to be produced and will always do the most beautiful and complete.
The subject of security is We felt extremely (even before my little accident) I think it's time to stop thinking about the bike as a means pure and uncompromising hard without a net, the truth and that the streets of today need to protect motorcyclists and must do so with all the means at our disposal.
For Moto Morini this will be a busy constantly, not only the bike but we think humans built the car, this increases the chance to enjoy this wonderful medium that is not the bike falls!
course Spring 2012 to introduce a completely new model ... Moto Morini surprise again, as a surprise for 75 years!
I thank you all for what you write, it helps a lot to keep in touch with you all, read carefully to your ideas, suggestions, impressions, but also critical.
See you soon!
Sandro Capotosti
Musclemoto

Post by Musclemoto »

Below link to North Leicester Motorcycles and excerpt:

http://www.northleicestermotorcycles.co ... tm#corsaro

"Moto-Morini is to reopen on November 17 2011. Signor Tedeschi, who was in charge of buying at the previous MM, is part of the new team. He says that the plan is to recommence production and spares provisioning of and for the latter-day MM range.

So that's good news. I wonder whether they will be flying the flag at EICMA? If so, I'll track them down and get their coordinates.

Lambertini does not know much about the nuts and bolts of the MM structure - spares, warranty and such - but Tedeschi says he will be part of the new company, and will have design input.

Not bad news for a Saturday morning"

Hope all goes well and the lovely bikes are back!
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

This site popped up in a search the other day;

http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.co.uk/
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

That site is 3X, you can navigate to it from the main 3x home page.
Glad they have kept it going....

Robin
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Did Morini pop up in Milano?

Not on the exhibitors list, and have heard nowt, so assume they didn't show.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Production re-starting in December ? They should be back on the Lire by then ?????

http://www.viaemilianet.it/notizia.php?id=9207
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Almost from the horses' mouth - well, the Italian MRC anyway...

The almost literal translation (from Babelfish) with my [comments];

"Cancelli in via Porrettana 377 returns to open itself, from the first December in the plant of Casalecchio di Reno there will be a reference man [caretaker?] in stable plant, and from January they will begin the selections for the assumption [employment] of approximately thirty persons. The intention is that to leave again with the production to opens them, with the more important models of the range, Granpasso Corsaro and Scrambler, and has been also announced a new model that would have to see the light in spring already. They will come moreover rispolverati from the drawer the designs of the bicylindrical one " piccolo" [cylinder - a single, no less] with a piston displacement previewed from the 600 to the 800 cc, run aground plan because of the liquidity crisis that carried then to the consequences that all we know. Lambertini franc meantime has taken other engagements, but its precious advising would not have to lack. The production will remain in province of Bologna where the museum will find place also, while to Milan the trade commissions are previewed them, the section marketing and the management of the Internet site, beyond the showroom where it will be exposed the entire range. It is believed next to the possibility to only sell via web, even if the plan is still a hypothesis to affinare, with the possibility from the customers to make to personalize [their?] own motion [bikes?]. Sure to reconstruct the net trades them and relative net attendance will demand time and great attention, in order not to fall back in the errors already made in past, and seen the situation I think that to explore new forms using the enormous it upgrades them of the new technologies, in spite of the general skepticism, could be the Vincente paper. All the Morinista people are now in trepida wait, and augur to the new property and long-life the Morini Motion and great result! [- posted by] Gianni Losi "

Go here http://www.morinispecial.it/joomla/ to see the original. Web based selling works for others, and doesn't stop an importer pre-ordering a few machines of the type that they anticipate selling via a small committed dealership. It would be "innovative" and make good business sense, even in better economic times, for a small scale manufacturer...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Manufacture to order? That would be a good way to start, as well as existing spare and service parts.

Like the idea of a 600 single based on the 1220 twin.... forward sloping.. maybe they could call it Panther :)....

They need to get the price and quality right.

Mike.
sweden

Post by sweden »

New website: http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.eu :D

Regards from a cold sweden
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

Courtesy of Jeremy Bowdler, editor of 2wheels magazine Australia.

Here's the latest press release, hot off the email...

HERE COMES THE REBELLO 1200 GIUBILEO - 75th ANNIVERSARY 1937/2012!
For the 75th anniversary of Moto Morini establishment in 1937 and to celebrate its
imminent return on the market in spring 2012, the company is launching a new model by
the name of one of the best bikes ever produced in the past by the enterprise with the
“Golden Eagle”.
The Rebello 1200 Giubileo will be equipped with a 1200 cc engine, 130 hp, endowed with
a complete set of standard components. It will have a strong road vocation and only 600
specimens will be manufactured, all numbered and catalogued; no other Rebello will be
produced until 2013.
"A collector’s cult motorcycle, with a perfectly Moto Morini style, in keeping with its tradition
and its ability to innovate, features of this great company throughout its history," says Mr.
Sandro Capotosti, Chairman of Moto Morini.
The “booking coupons pre-sale” for the new bikes that will be delivered within 2012, will
start on March 15 on http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.eu and it will last for 30 days only.
Every day 20 “booking coupons” will be auctioned and in parallel one of the thirty pieces of
the puzzle revealing the full picture of the new bike will be disclosed.
You can only place one bid per person with no down-limit, but with an up-limit of 13,900
euro, which will be the bike’s retail price, including taxes.
(There will be a price change for the bikes sold abroad because of the different taxes
applied in every single European country).
Participation to the auction is allowed only for the following countries: Italy, U.K, France,
Austria, Germany, Greece, Spain and Benelux.
The best 20 bids will be awarded the booking coupons; in the event of same price bids, the
winning bid will be the first in chronological order.
The price of the "coupon" is part of the overall price of the bike and it will be deducted from
it.
You can book the bikes every day for 30 days only, from 10.00 to 17.00 CET
The auction price of the twenty coupons will be published every day by 10.00 a.m.; the
names of the purchasers will not be disclosed though, pursuant to privacy regulations.
Direct notification to the customer will take place via email, again by 10.00 a.m..
All not-awarded bids will be reset and you can try again on the following day (from
coupons 21 to 40 and so on).
All the lucky owners of Rebello 1200 Giubileo will also be receive by Moto Morini two
beautiful customized Rebello 1200 Giubileo crash helmets.
All information, the motorcycle data sheet and the Regulations will be posted on
http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.eu starting on March 15.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

That's a bit of a blow if the "new bike" is just another 1200 (like there's a gloabl shortage of 1200 V-twins !). Pleeeeeeease let there big a single or smaller V soon.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Its either a Corsaro update or the Gran Ferro renamed. Its Not like they've had a lot of time to create an entirely new bike.Most likely something MM already had on the back burner .
Just to torture MM fan's a bit more they are slowly revealing the new bike .For Fxxks sake let me see it NOW! .
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

See the article and full page advert in the latest copy of Motorcycle News (in the UK)...

Existing dealers will service and do warrenty work on any bikes sold in the UK - I'm told.

We'll wait and see, perhaps?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

morinipete wrote:That's a bit of a blow if the "new bike" is just another 1200 (like there's a gloabl shortage of 1200 V-twins !). Pleeeeeeease let there big a single or smaller V soon.
I agree! All the 1200s are too big and heavy for me these days though the 1200 version of my Shiver 750 that is promised might be OK if it is no higher and not too much heavier.

I can see that even 'half a Corsaro' single would need a lot of new tooling and it won't be that easy to build a physically smaller bike with basically the same frame. Having said that, Voxan managed to make the 1000 Roadster and the Scrambler with very different ergonomics, though their cunning 'adjustable' frame helped. Interesting to note that Voxan ended up basically only making bikes to order before the end finally came.

I guess there is no real market for singles these days except supermotos or enduros and MM clearly aren't interested in the 'starter bike' market like a Shiver.