Account activation

Club matters
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Account activation

Post by SteveMRC »

This is for all new members of this forum who have joined in the last 2-3 months and have not received an account activation confirmation email.

Your accounts have been activated and you can post to the forums. :)

Due to the large amount of spam accounts that appear each day, I set the forum software to require the Admin user (Me) to activate all accounts rather than the user.
To help with this I am using 'add-on' software to delete these users.
I can also use this software to activate new accounts, but it seems it does not send out the confirmation email. :oops:

Welcome to the forum
Steve
buell1203

Re: Account activation

Post by buell1203 »

Steve. I am trying to join but without success
dave3840

Post by dave3840 »

Hi Steve,
Hope Im contacting the correct guy, I am unable to access the members area can you fix this? Cheers dave3840
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Welcome to my world. Though phpBB makes it a bit easier to administer spam registrations than Kunena that I use on 'The GeN'. I have now resorted to turning off registrations completely there. If anyone legitimate sends an email to the correct address I add them 'handraulically'.

The bots are bad enough but the sad individuals who learn and pass on 'captcha' question answers need horse whipping.

What version of phpBB is the MRC site running? The latest one has some third party extensions available that can improve things, though sometimes you just have to fire up the ACP and sort things out at that level.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

dave3840 wrote: 06 Jan 2023 00:29 Hi Steve,
Hope Im contacting the correct guy, I am unable to access the members area can you fix this? Cheers dave3840
Access to the members area handled separately. It does look as if something is borked at the moment - no link to click on to gain access. Best email webmaestroATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

72degrees wrote: 06 Jan 2023 09:42
dave3840 wrote: 06 Jan 2023 00:29 Hi Steve,
Access to the members area handled separately. It does look as if something is borked at the moment - no link to click on to gain access. Best email webmaestroATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom
D'oh. Forgot you have to click 'Library', 'Technical', 'Sales' etc. links. Then look like .htaccess security, but the credentials on my new membership card don't appear to work currently.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi all,

Seems the website is down, I will check with the webmaestro

Mark
Membership secretary
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

mbmm350s wrote: 06 Jan 2023 14:18 Hi all,

Seems the website is down, I will check with the webmaestro

Mark
Membership secretary
Working now and allowing me in to Members area pages OK.