Another new member (in Belgium)

Club matters
moolfreet

Another new member (in Belgium)

Post by moolfreet »

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to join up to the forum for a while now but have been too busy trying to get the bike out of the garage. :roll:
My name's Nick, I'm 38 and I live in Brussels but am from Scotland.

I've got a 3 1/2 Sport (looks good but is in need of a bit of TLC) which I bought about 1 year ago. Good to see that the forum is active with plenty of tips, so well done!

Would be great to hear from any Morinisti in Europe, especially round my way - Belgium, France, Netherlands, Germany - or anyone crossing the channel on European trips.

Happy riding!

nick
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum.

There is a friendly Dutch Morini Club www.motomoriniclub.nl
with a forum in Dutch if you can read it. You may find someone close by. You are very welcome to hang around here and ask questions.
Let's have some photos!

Steve
mantaray

Post by mantaray »

Welcome Nick

Another Morini in Belgium... Great !!
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

We're at least 3! I'm living in Franière, close to Namur.

Welcome to MRC's new Belgian section!

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
moolfreet

Belgian update

Post by moolfreet »

Great! Someone near Namur and someone near Antwerp!
It can take ages for me to reply but I get there in the end - a bit like my mechanical skills.
I've just managed to get the bike running on two cylinders again after 3 months of hunting down faults and no little frustration. Still, I've learnt a lot.

I just need to do some carb balancing and she should make it up the hill out of the garage (she can't make it on one cylinder, apparently) and into the sunlight. (Weather's been great - have you been out riding?)

I'll keep you posted about my progress - keep your fingers crossed

Nick
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Good luck, Moules-Frites!

I haven't been riding for a while; spent all my time last year building a house. Last week-end I wanted to do the maintainance before summer holidays (including Cadwell). The engine started easily, but I soon discoverezd the rear brake was seized. Probably corrosion. The worst is I cannot dismantle the brake, one of the screws is seized too... and neither WD40 nor Decaltou can help. Maybe I should try the "sauce Andalouse"?

Let us know if you can adjust your carbs!

Bruno
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Bruno,

I've seen how fast you ride round cadwell, surely you don't use your brakes anyway?

Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Hopefully I'll have the dart rebuilt in time...
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Hi Tom,

That's why it has seized: not used enough... :wink: But sometimes you need them to avoid a big fat Jap bike at Mansfield :twisted:

I'll be glad to meet everyone again. That's a long time...

Bruno