brno 13, Silverstone 13. roll up.

Where have you been on your Morini? Post your tales of ride outs, great roads, holidays etc here.
Chips1953

brno 13, Silverstone 13. roll up.

Post by Chips1953 »

Just got back from a trip to Brno and a round central Europe run.
All I can say is the old DDR is just wonderful for it's roads and hospitality, CZ was really good once you got away from the German border, Austria was raining and so was Switzerland. I had intended to visit Northern Italy but had an appointment with my son to go to Siverstone for the GP.
The fact is I did 3000 miles, 2 MotoGp, 60 hours in the saddle and just had a wonderful time, can't recommend it enough.
I would have used the Corsaro but was not as confident in it as the other bike I have.
Anyone up for Moscow next year? Believe me these are NOT out of the way places these days, half of Germany was at the Brno race. Great. It's a fantastic track. :lol:
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Re: brno 13, Silverstone 13. roll up.

Post by MickeyMoto »

Nice one George,

My brother is in the Harz mountains on his bike at the moment, he loves it there, but says Leipzig needs a bit of work.... Czech also does good cheap beer I understand, whereas Germany does good expensive beer.

Moscow? Maybe a bit too far, and having been there do not think I would like to ride my bike there........ too many idots, too much pollution and too many potholes, although the women are rather beautiful, the ones in favour that is. Let's stick to Germany first... :)
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Looks like the Morini Treffen next year is the ideal venue - it's near Dresden so there's plenty of scope for touring round. Zschopau is a good place to go on the way for the MZ museum.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

There are certain things that you expect to see when you go touring. I don't know say, burnt out cars on Italian Autostrada, but I guess I was really surprised by the squashed Brown Bear just after the crossing into CZ. It's a very very dense forested area and you loose considerable height after you cross. To be honest I was surprised enough not to believe my own eyes, but that fur, those claws and the size. Road kill fit for a king.
The picture is of the old border crossing from CZ to Austria, I expect it brought a lot intense fear to some in the old days, for me it was a place of relief.
Attachments
Brno Race track Saturday practice before the GP
Brno Race track Saturday practice before the GP
brno.jpg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 19637 times
Border Crossing CZ to Austria.
Border Crossing CZ to Austria.
border CZ.jpg (67.3 KiB) Viewed 19637 times
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Stauch

Post by Stauch »

MickeyMoto wrote:Nice one George,

My brother is in the Harz mountains on his bike at the moment, he loves it there, but says Leipzig needs a bit of work.... Czech also does good cheap beer I understand, whereas Germany does good expensive beer.

Moscow? Maybe a bit too far, and having been there do not think I would like to ride my bike there........ too many idots, too much pollution and too many potholes, although the women are rather beautiful, the ones in favour that is. Let's stick to Germany first... :)
Saluti.Ciao a tutti. A Mosca, la strada è peggio che in Europa. Ci stiamo muovendo e "volare" su di loro. Moto Morini ama una buona strada. Stsrambler - l'opzione migliore per un viaggio a Mosca. Marcature sulle strade in Russia è molto cattivo. Si trova su una strada asfaltata non è liscia, e bagnato - è pericoloso. Nelle aree di strade russe - c'è buona, vi è un incubo. Strade sono spesso riparazioni, oltre a ridurre l'asfalto in cima. Grandi e strade principali - sono buone.
Moto Moto Morini in Russia 4-6 (che io sappia) a Mosca il 3-4 bici. Grande pista Brest - Mosca ..
Le ragazze russe sono molto belle, come la ragazza in Olanda.... :oops: :lol:
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

The following is a Google translation from Stauch.

Saluti.Ciao at all. In Moscow, the road is worse than in Europe. We are moving and "fly" over them. Moto Morini loves a good road. Stsrambler - the best option for a trip to Moscow. Markings on the roads in Russia is very bad. It is located on a paved road is not smooth, and wet - it is dangerous. In areas of Russian roads - there is good, there is a nightmare. Roads are often repairs, in addition to reducing the asphalt on top. Large and highways - are good.
Moto Moto Morini in Russia 4-6 (that I know of) in Moscow on 3-4 bikes. Great track Brest - Moscow ..
Russian girls are very beautiful, like the girl in the Netherlands .... : oops :: lol:

Just the job for a Camel then.

The thing about this travelling is perhaps we put too many obstacles in our way that aren't there.
On my trio to Brno I was directed through a quarry by TomTom, not ideal on a CBR but interesting. How many make it through worse regions on their trips around the globe.

I think others have been, for sure.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Great trip George...

Next year we're hoping to take the Granpasso to the 25th Italian Morini Club meeting. Late May, over the holiday weekend (well, and the week prior and after...). I'm hoping that I can get Lambertini to sign the tank or some such momento :D

Germany will hopefully be the year after; the trouble is all these Morini meetings happen at the same time!

Good riding, now that autumns here

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Bugger, signed up for a few days at the TT end of May.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

See you there Micky, I'm in port Erin, are you taking the bike?
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Aye.