West Kent international

Where have you been on your Morini? Post your tales of ride outs, great roads, holidays etc here.
pedro

West Kent international

Post by pedro »

I have today completed the West Kent International which is a 100 mile run around the Kent countryside (no Spoonerism's please) organized by the Vintage club so all over 30 years old. (some back to the early 20's)
With an official entry list of 362 bikes, the entry closed at that and sold out within a week, there were many many more who were not officially entered but followed the route anyway. It's a huge event followed by tomorrows show with guest of honour John Surtees. Many riders come from the continent and beyond, some riding as far as 1,000 miles to be there (one on a 150cc CZ) Bikes are as diverse as Terrot's, Magnat Debon, Nimbus, Koehler and others as well as all the usual British iron. Guess how many Morini's? that's right, just me on my Sport entered, and not another to be seen in the unofficial crowd. We must be able to do better than that, perhaps next year I will post details before the event and see if we can get a better showing for what is a hugely enjoyable event.