Peddars Way by Camel

Where have you been on your Morini? Post your tales of ride outs, great roads, holidays etc here.
Butch

Peddars Way by Camel

Post by Butch »

Is there a club magazine that I could submit a short write up to on this?
72degrees

Re: Peddars Way by Camel

Post by 72degrees »

There certainly is. One of the many benefits of Morini Riders Club membership.
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/#magazine
Butch

Post by Butch »

Thanks - you got an email address for the editor?

As you'll have gathered, I'm not currently a member. I'm in a couple of other clubs and tend to watch which way the pennies drop, though I'm thankful for the availability of the tech forum here. And there is no section running monthly meetings nr me - mid-Essex.

I really enjoy riding the Camel, but if I can't get the clutch sorted (see my constant whine in the off road section) then it will end up in a skip. So I guess the jury is still out on my Morini experience.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

editorATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom

You can work out the anti-spam strategy ;)

I hear what you say about multiple club membership. I've never bothered joining owners clubs for the modern bikes I have owned (with the exception of the Voxan Club de France as they have a similar philosophy to the MRC).

I'm sure someone will offer to relieve you of the Camel if you can't get the clutch sorted. They do sometimes defy logic. I'm still trying to cure the 'binary' effect on the project. Next step is to swap the complete plate stack from the road 375. If that doesn't transfer the problem then I'll swap the hub/basket as well. That would then leave just the primary drive as the only variable. It's really useful sometimes owning two very similar Morinis ;)
Butch

Post by Butch »

Thanks - gotcha OK.

My clubs are MGCGB (T3 and V50) and SOF (S7D) so not exactly for moderns really. I'm pretty much a lone rider but enjoy (use) the tech forums, and I'm sociable enough to attend the occasional rally and quaff a few beers whilst shooting the breeze.

Talking to NLM yesterday I suggested they started sorting me a complete previously owned clutch on a sale or return basis. When I said this bike was heading for the skip at this rate he did say he'd be happy to take it off my hands. I must be missing something blindingly obvious with this one, I'm pretty sure I understand most of the inner workings now and of course it is hardly rocket science (or brain surgery). Or maybe there is something more sinister and fundamentally wrong?

I've got a whole bunch of bikes misbehaving at the moment so you can see where the common denominator lies.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Good luck with the clutch problem, you'll get there eventually, honest. I can't offer any help there as I've been lucky on that front. If you do feel the need to skip it, don't waste your money hiring a skip, I'll bring one over and do the recycling for you. :wink:
I'm interested in your Peddars way ride though, and am sure it will be a welcomed article for the club mag, ATG. I thought I'd heard the Peddars way was closed to vehicles now? Or is that just in part? My TRF membership has expired (as I also rationalise my membership spending :roll: ) or I suppose I would have know the status by now. My own Camel project is coming along slowly and I will be taking that on the trails as well. One day soon there may even be a UK Camel train!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.