Morini Treffen 2008

Where have you been on your Morini? Post your tales of ride outs, great roads, holidays etc here.
jb666

Morini Treffen 2008

Post by jb666 »

Moto Morini Treffen - 27-29 June 2008

Well here we are again home from the 2008 Treffen in Lehnin near Berlin.

As the Coguaro was not finished I had a last minute dash to get my other eBay Morini mot'd and taxed. The Kanguro was superb - it ran wonderfully and the only problem I had was a broken brake lever when I dropped it putting it on its centre stand in Luxemburg. DOH!!! :oops:

For those of you who have not ventured to the German Morini Treffen I can thoroughly recommend it. The venues are superb - this year was an arts and crafts establishment on the banks of a lake - and there is always a ready supply of food, beer, conversation (pretty much everyone speaks some English - some speak it better than me!!) a large camp fire and an atmosphere of cameraderie. The age range of the attendees is wide, as is the range of bikes.

So what did we get up to? Friday was generally getting reacquainted with old friends and acquainted with new faces. Saturday was a tour of Berlin taking in a wonderful car 'dealership' whose name I forget (and I can't find the flyer I picked up!!) where I have never seen so many exotic modern and classic cars under one roof. I've been to museums but these were all cars that were in regular use!! Then it was on to central Berlin to see the Reichstag and the Brandenburg gate (after a stop for lunch). Next was the Berlin Techniksmuseum - a gem of a place for the technically and engineeringly minded. A stop for cake and a coffee and then back to the campsite.

All in all a fine weekend. I left on Thursday lunchtime and got back midnight Monday - a total of 2428 Morini kilometres - 1517 miles.

It was great seeing old friends again but I was the sole GB representative - I remember my first Treffen in 1983 when there were at least a half dozen of us!

So keep your eye out for the 2009 venue which should be posted toward the end of the year and try and make it.

If you want more info give me a shout.

John.