Dart wiring diagram

The Cagiva era Morinis
jeanster

Dart wiring diagram

Post by jeanster »

Is there a wiring diagram anywhere for 350 dart? Just got the bike and took a carb off to clean. Put it back together and now it won't crank. Can't see any disturbed wiring so would like a diagram so I can do a systematic check and it's always useful to have anyway.

Thanx in advance.
morini_tom

Re: Dart wiring diagram

Post by morini_tom »

Welcome to dart ownership!!

Let me know your email address and I will send you a wiring diagram.

I can't think what you might have disturbed. The starter Solenoid is mounted above the front cylinder and I have known the low side connectors to be a bit loose so that's always worth checking.

After that then checking the starter switch would be the next bet. The contacts can get grubby. Off the top of my head I'm unsure which wires you need to continuity check but the connector is in the group of connectors mounted on the left hand side of the instrument subframe, or you can check for voltage across the low side starter solenoid connector when you thumb the starter button.

Theres not much else that can be easily disturbed that will stop it cranking. I assume everything else electrical works?

The starter moter is pretty robust, I don't think I've ever known one fail. It operates through a Spragg clutch which can wear out, or more importantly the rubber cush breaks up. First signs of this are an occasional whirring starter motor which doesn't spin the engine over. Don't leave this unchecked because the broken up bits of rubber can play havoc with your big ends!

Tom
jeanster

Post by jeanster »

I've put e-address in PM. Thanks.
Checked the start button and cut out with continuity test and seems fine. Jumped a lead direct from battery to motor and motor fine. Doesn't seem to be any juice going to the start solenoid. Power to the fuses is fine as are the fuses. Really getting a crash course in "know your bike" but it'd be nice to have it running again. All other electrics operate fine too. Diagram would be really useful, as would articulated wrists and double joints - everything very tight and awkward to get at. It'll all be worth it in the end though.
jeanster

Post by jeanster »

Bike up and running again. Thanks for the wiring diagram Tom. Gemini alarm now binned.