Darts on the road!

The Cagiva era Morinis
chippit

Darts on the road!

Post by chippit »

Hi all,
Just want to thankyou for the help and advice getting the dart back on the road, I had a really good run to work and back yesturday. I have had a few problems changing gear and it sticking in 3rd, changed one of the rose joints on the gear linkage and problem solved, new clutch cable and it is all silky smooth.

Having never had a go on a morini I am amazed at the handling etc, such a well balanced bike, not the fastest but loads of fun. Also light enough that when I ran out of petrol, pushing it a mile was not the end of the world. ( I was actually on my way to the petrol station.)

I still have to get the temp gauge working, havn't looked at that yet,

Many thanks Christine
morini_tom

Re: Darts on the road!

Post by morini_tom »

Hi Christine,

I'm glad that you've discovered what we all know to be true about Morini. Sometimes I wonder if it's just me being delusional about the bike's abilities but then my sanity is restored by comments from Morini newbie's such as yourself!

You've also discovered the Dart's dubious fuel light and lack of reserve- I find it better to get these things out of the way early...

Temp gauge should be fairly straightforward. The sensor which it picks up from is screwed into the oil strainer cover, so quite easy to get to and do some electrical checks on (you could probably get to it without taking the fairing off) and there is only one wire going from this to the clocks (via a resistor) so shouldn't be too bad if you needed to rewire. NLM stock the sensors if you needed a new one. I can't imagine the gauge being faulty but if it is then I think I have a smashed freccia gauge which you could probably rob the guts from.

Enjoy bonding with your dart. Really wanted to get out on mine this weekend, the weather has been fab. Next weekend perhaps...

Tom