Nuetral switch

The Cagiva era Morinis
sheddweller

Nuetral switch

Post by sheddweller »

I've posted this request on the Parts Wanted section but I'm hoping a Dart owner might take pity on my ignorance.
I currently have my Sei Crankcases split, and would like to warn any owners of bikes that have been sitting for years that the Oil Seal that directs the lubricant along the crank after it leaves the Oil Pump, was not doing it's job, resulting in a mild seizure. The resultant rebuild is expensive and annoying but while it's apart, I am tempted to fit a Nuetral switch to the undrilled boss in the crancase. I do need a Nuetral switch, or any info on what else the one fitted to the Dart, (and I suspect the Camel, Kanguro, Excalibur and New york) was origianlly sourced from. Perhaps more importantly,can anyone tell me if the gear?? that triggers this switch is common to 350's and 500's. I'm hoping that the boss wouldn't have been included in the crankcases if the mechanism to trigger it wasn't present but I have been tortured by tenuous links between reason and Italian manufacturing before.
I would be grateful for any help with this and yes I have already been told that idiot lights are for idiots.
Sheddweller.